So....curious.....anyone here have friends or family with Corona

HDsportsfan

On 3/27/2020 at 11:21 AM, textaz03 said:

And **** just got real for me. Wife and I just got put on Quarantine for Covid-19. Wife has possible symptoms. She is a postal employee As a rural mail carrier and has been working through all the shut downs here just like me. She has to get tested and is setting up all that now. Our Dr said that once she is tested, it will be 5-8 days till the results come back

Not sure if you posted it, but how are you and your wife doing?  Hopefully everyone good and healthy. 

4 hours ago, acowboys62 said:

Not sure if you posted it, but how are you and your wife doing?  Hopefully everyone good and healthy. 

We are doin just fine. Her symptoms never developed and I never came down with anything. We are on day 11 of our health officials imposed quarantine. We are anxiously waiting to get out of this quarantine for sure! Although, it probably won’t be long till we will be back on it due to the fact we have 6 (4 inmates and 2 staff) confirmed cases with positive tests at my Federal Prison. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, textaz03 said:

We are doin just fine. Her symptoms never developed and I never came down with anything. We are on day 11 of our health officials imposed quarantine. We are anxiously waiting to get out of this quarantine for sure! Although, it probably won’t be long till we will be back on it due to the fact we have 6 (4 inmates and 2 staff) confirmed cases with positive tests at my Federal Prison. 

Glad to hear, stay healthy!  Question on the work front, have they told you to still go by the 14 day quarantine if "just exposed"?  Only asking because my wife's job has gone from...mandatory 14 day quarantine of exposed, to 7 day quarantine if exposed, to come to work, wear a mask at all times and unless you have active symptoms you work.  Granted the healthcare field cannot really spare people right now but HARDLY seems like a smart move.  Curious if it is impacting any other industries that way. 

2 hours ago, acowboys62 said:

Glad to hear, stay healthy!  Question on the work front, have they told you to still go by the 14 day quarantine if "just exposed"?  Only asking because my wife's job has gone from...mandatory 14 day quarantine of exposed, to 7 day quarantine if exposed, to come to work, wear a mask at all times and unless you have active symptoms you work.  Granted the healthcare field cannot really spare people right now but HARDLY seems like a smart move.  Curious if it is impacting any other industries that way. 

From what I’m told by coworkers who have messaged me over last 2 weeks keeping me up to date on things, they are still doin 14 day quarantine for possible contact

• Like 1

So my next door neighbor is a PA at a local hospital.  She came down with the corona and spread it to her husband.  They have 3 kids, one of which is good friends with my 10 year old.  Their son has been over swimming last week before they had any symptoms.  So far, none of their kids have it but because it can take time to develop symptoms... they had to advise us they we may have come into contact with the virus.  Kinda crazy.

but the craziest part was that the hospital still had her working until YESTERDAY because she didn’t have fever and only mild symptoms.

4 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

So my next door neighbor is a PA at a local hospital.  She came down with the corona and spread it to her husband.  They have 3 kids, one of which is good friends with my 10 year old.  Their son has been over swimming last week before they had any symptoms.  So far, none of their kids have it but because it can take time to develop symptoms... they had to advise us they we may have come into contact with the virus.  Kinda crazy.

but the craziest part was that the hospital still had her working until YESTERDAY because she didn’t have fever and only mild symptoms.

Crazy 

23 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Hoping the best for you guys.

Just goes to show how pressure and short staffed the medical field is in.

19 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

for what it's worth, I have 3 close friends whose fathers (all above 60)who were hospitalized from Corona and recovered. Close call on one.. All in NY..

That's good to hear man. 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2020 at 7:55 PM, HDsportsfan said:

Hoping the best for you guys.

Just goes to show how pressure and short staffed the medical field is in.

Certain areas are short staffed...others are being re-trained, fired, furloughed because of all the restrictions.  OR nurses are getting crash courses in how to be an ER nurse, pretty messy situations in some places.