200k vs 1m

Glen

Question is simple.

If given the option would you rather take 1 million dollars cash now but never be able to work again, or would you take 200k a year but be forced to work the same job you're currently at till you're 80 years old?

9 minutes ago, Glen said:

or would you take 200k a year but be forced to work the same job you're currently at till you're 80 years old?

this easily... love my job as a butcher and probably want to do it the rest of my life anyways.

I'd be the highest paid butcher in the country, probably.

Edited by Dome
probably

5 minutes ago, Dome said:

this easily... love my job as a butcher and probably want to do it the rest of my life anyways.

I'd be the highest paid butcher in the country, probably.

The “probably” is where I’d get caught up in.

The pay would be nice, but working till I drop is not something I remotely resonate with. 

24 minutes ago, Glen said:

Question is simple.

If given the option would you rather take 1 million dollars cash now but never be able to work again, or would you take 200k a year but be forced to work the same job you're currently at till you're 80 years old?

since i'm currently 108, what would the deal be for me...?

Just now, vike daddy said:

since i'm currently 108, what would the deal be for me...?

Would you rather get another 20 years or get Benjamin Button disease

4 minutes ago, Glen said:

The “probably” is where I’d get caught up in.

The pay would be nice, but working till I drop is not something I remotely resonate with. 

The union would help me out, wouldn't be long before I got seniority at my store and be writing the schedules. As I got older I'd just make myself part time. My position wouldn't change, so I'm assuming that's legal for the question. 

A lot of old guys still hold down the fort in the unions stores here pop in for a few hours on the weekend (early AM, home before noon on Sat and Sun), show up and hang out for an hour or so while doing an order a couple times a week, just make sure everything is running smoothly. Probably at the store 10-12 hours a week. Most of them are really happy having a job like that and the stores like not having to pay high end (for a grocery store) salary to a guy who's at the store all the time, the less experienced meat cutters make less so they'd rather have them strictly cutting meat when they're at work.

I could make that work as I got my years built up. 

If you're saying I can't change my hours or anything, i'd just take the 1m

• Like 1

Just now, Dome said:

The union would help me out, wouldn't be long before I got seniority at my store and be writing the schedules. As I got older I'd just make myself part time. My position wouldn't change, so I'm assuming that's legal for the question. 

A lot of old guys still hold down the fort in the unions stores here pop in for a few hours on the weekend (early AM, home before noon on Sat and Sun), show up and hang out for an hour or so while doing an order a couple times a week, just make sure everything is running smoothly. Probably at the store 10-12 hours a week. Most of them are really happy having a job like that and the stores like not having to pay high end (for a grocery store) salary to a guy who's at the store all the time, the less experienced meat cutters make less so they'd rather have them strictly cutting meat when they're at work.

I could make that work as I got my years built up. 

If you're saying I can't change my hours or anything, i'd just take the 1m

Yeah Im meaning to phrase it as "you'll do legitimately the same thing till your 80. Same hours, same work load, same everything, nothing changes but the pay."

take the million now is an easy choice, it's the only sure thing here.
Living till 80 isn't guaranteed and working till 80 is a non-starter
I'd bank the cash and then I'd just volunteer at whatever avocation I wanted to be a part of

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Glen said:

Yeah Im meaning to phrase it as "you'll do legitimately the same thing till your 80. Same hours, same work load, same everything, nothing changes but the pay."

1m

pay me my money