NFL Wide Free Agency Thread

textaz03

2 minutes ago, D82 said:

That contract? Eh...it's more so the fact that we let our best pass rusher go and aren't doing anything to replace him (so far).

Quinn was SUPER nice. Don't get me wrong. But I am more than happy to let someone else pay him that.

It's hard to be upset about not signing if you would be upset at giving that contract.

6 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Y'all can't seriously want to sign Quinn to that contract. Quinn was GREAT - and we got him for a 6th and will now flip him for a 3rd or 4th. That's amazing.

Want to see breakdown, but $14m/yr with an out after 2-3 seasons, isn't bad. 

If they turn around and sign Clowney (NFLN rumor) to some massive contract ..... I don't even....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Agreed. I ALSO don't want Clowney for big $$.

Well who do you want? Cause right now we have no one at that position. Not even Gregory who's not even guaranteed to come back. Quinn may not have been worth the contract but at 12 sacks and the 2nd highest rate of pressure he was really the best option available since it was obvious we weren't looking in the draft for a replacement.

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Maliek Collins thoughts?

Solid interior pass rusher. Not very good against the run. You should hope for about 5 sacks from him on a good year, and look for other options for a run stuffer. Despite his size he is more finesse than power

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Solid interior pass rusher. Not very good against the run. You should hope for about 5 sacks from him on a good year, and look for other options for a run stuffer. Despite his size he is more finesse than power

This is the opposite of most of our DT room. Thanks for the feedback.