B. Jarwin, TE - 3 Year Deal

Texas_OutLaw7

Curious to see the details. It’s possible this is actually an extension on top of the RFA tender which would be less per year. Says “up to $24.25M” which means there’s incentives

Surely the nail in the coffin for the Witten era. Godspeed, Senator

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Curious to see the details. It’s possible this is actually an extension on top of the RFA tender which would be less per year. Says “up to $24.25M” which means there’s incentives

Surely the nail in the coffin for the Witten era. Godspeed, Senator

Correct. 4 year deal total.

I'm totally cool with this incentive laden deal. Basically says,  "we're gonna make you the starter, now prove us right." Otherwise he's literally getting his rfa tender for the next three years, with possibly no dead money when cut after year 2. 

20 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Lock down a young player with promise early: whine

Don't lock down a young player with promise early, watch him improve, and see him go to Miami: whine

Rinse and repeat.

Think it’s more of a matter of priorities. For DAL to get deals done at RB, LB, RT and TE with no real sweat off their backs but draw things out or say no thanks at premium spots (QB, WR, DE, CB) gives the vibe of a team that thinks they’re outsmarting everyone. Like, no, we don’t need your high-priced CBs, we’re gonna have the cheapest secondary for the fourth year in a row and ride Zeke’s 4ish YPC to greatness. Good luck

As for Jarwin’s contract, OTC has it at 4 years, $22M, $6.25M guaranteed at signing, $2.25M available in incentives. I do think this is a good deal with the kind of talent he’s shown.

• Like 1

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41093031-4

Blake Jarwin’s contract breakdown:

Signing bonus: $4 million

• 2020 base salary: $2.25 million
  • 2021 base salary: $3.5 million
  • 2022 base salary: $4.5 million
  • 2023 base salary: $5.5 million

From 2021-23, he has active roster bonuses totaling $750,000 and escalators that max out at $750,000 per season.

With 55 or more receptions, 55% playtime and playoffs, Jarwin can earn $250,000.

With 75 or more receptions, 75% playtime, plus playoffs, he can earn $750,000.

2 hours ago, matt79511 said:

Think it’s more of a matter of priorities. For DAL to get deals done at RB, LB, RT and TE with no real sweat off their backs but draw things out or say no thanks at premium spots (QB, WR, DE, CB) gives the vibe of a team that thinks they’re outsmarting everyone. Like, no, we don’t need your high-priced CBs, we’re gonna have the cheapest secondary for the fourth year in a row and ride Zeke’s 4ish YPC to greatness. Good luck

As for Jarwin’s contract, OTC has it at 4 years, $22M, $6.25M guaranteed at signing, $2.25M available in incentives. I do think this is a good deal with the kind of talent he’s shown.

I mean, I think if they could go back in time, they probably wouldn't pay Zeke. And many of us thought that was a mistake from the beginning.

It's not a bad idea to pay good ascending players early (see: La'El Collins). I'm upset Byron is out the door, too. I would have signed him a year ago if he wanted to sign. But that's why I think the hand wringing about signing Jarwin is silly. The guy is almost certain to push his stock up with a healthy season.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz