Eagles release Malcolm Jenkins

EagleBlueDon

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Not when emphasizing a Point. Its literally, the definition but thanks.

The exclamation mark, also sometimes referred to as the exclamation point, especially in American English, is a punctuation mark usually used after an interjection or exclamation to indicate strong feelings or high volume (shouting), or to show emphasis, and often marks the end of a sentence, for example: "Watch out!"

If every sentence has an exclamation point it’s not emphasis, you’re just yelling at us. I didn’t come here to be yelled at.....lol

8 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If every sentence has an exclamation point it’s not emphasis, you’re just yelling at us. I didn’t come here to be yelled at.....lol

You missed the last portion of the Definition.  Which was my intent. Not sure why everyone always assumes Yelling? See, that was a question? 🍺

or to show emphasis, and often marks the end of a sentence, for example: "Watch out!"

Guessing that's the same sound logic you like to apply towards getting rid of Ertz. 👍

How any of you have convinced yourselves that Jalen GD Mills is actually a viable replacement for Jenkins is mindboggling to me? A player who literally Can't stay healthy is replacing the 1 player who played almost every single Defensive Snap (not game) Snap the past 3 straight years!

Sounds like a brilluant plan to me.

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Guessing that's the same sound logic you like to apply towards getting rid of Ertz. 👍

How any of you have convinced yourselves that Jalen GD Mills is actually a viable replacement for Jenkins is mindboggling to me? A player who literally Can't stay healthy is replacing the 1 player who played almost every single Defensive Snap (not game) Snap the past 3 straight years!

Sounds like a brilluant plan to me.

Say what you want about the decision but it’s as logical as it gets. It wasn’t emotional, it wasn’t about 2020, it was about the betterment of the team as a whole for the future. I was all about giving him a little bump this year in salary but guaranteeing good money 2 years down the line when he’ll be 34 is irresponsible. One year too early rather than one year too late. Dawkins had one good year left in him, after that he was hurt and a liability. That’s the nature of the game. That’s the tough decisions. Suffering a little replacing a really, really good player for a year rather than suffering with him 2 and 3 years after his effectiveness because you thought you couldn’t live without Jenkins. Truth is, you can. Teams have and will continue to move on from HoF type players every year. Not every player gets to ride off into the sunset at the top of his game. It rarely happens. Jenkins lost a step, he was mainly in the box every game. It was the right decision. 

The TEs on the other hand is just the allocation of resources. Nothing more, nothing less. Value redistributed. Don’t know how that doesn’t just reek of logic to anyone. 

^ agreed, I mean is it really all that hard to replace a box safety? There's some smart people who I respect, who have had a mainstream media reaction to this. "Massive blow to the secondary"...yeah ok. Anytime people see a long tenured player who is a leader and has multiple pro bowls (lol @ pro bowl) get released, they think it's some inexplicable move that is impossible to profit from. Let's completely ignore all context though.

59 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

^ agreed, I mean is it really all that hard to replace a box safety? There's some smart people who I respect, who have had a mainstream media reaction to this. "Massive blow to the secondary"...yeah ok. Anytime people see a long tenured player who is a leader and has multiple pro bowls (lol @ pro bowl) get released, they think it's some inexplicable move that is impossible to profit from. Let's completely ignore all context though.

I mean were you an Eagles fan when we released Dawkins? This situation is extremely similar to that one.

A lot of people on this forum thought it wouldn't be THAT big of a deal because the season before he left he was kind of slowing down. I also remember as a forum most thought we would just give Dawk the raise he deserved.

Despite that, no one really expected the safeties we had to be as terrible as they were, but maaaan our safeties sucked *** for like 4 years after that.

Just hope that doesn't happen this time. I feel decently confident in McLeod and Mills (lol typing that made me cringe) but that is definitely a bottom 10 safety duo. Can't be worse than what we had when Dawkins left though. There's literally no way.

I'll say that I definitely understand the move to let Jenkins go, and I feel indifferent about it because I can see both sides. It would be nice to not let a good player go but not spending 14 mil/year on an aging safety is also somewhat smart objectively.

10 minutes ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

I mean were you an Eagles fan when we released Dawkins? This situation is extremely similar to that one.

A lot of people on this forum thought it wouldn't be THAT big of a deal because the season before he left he was kind of slowing down. I also remember as a forum most thought we would just give Dawk the raise he deserved.

Despite that, no one really expected the safeties we had to be as terrible as they were, but maaaan our safeties sucked *** for like 4 years after that.

Just hope that doesn't happen this time. I feel decently confident in McLeod and Mills (lol typing that made me cringe) but that is definitely a bottom 10 safety duo. Can't be worse than what we had when Dawkins left though. There's literally no way.

I'll say that I definitely understand the move to let Jenkins go, and I feel indifferent about it because I can see both sides. It would be nice to not let a good player go but not spending 14 mil/year on an aging safety is also somewhat smart objectively.

Yeah I was a fan then. And quite frankly the two are totally unrelated, and the Dawkins departure has left some fans with PTSD. Understandable I guess. I just don't think replacing his physical skills will be all that difficult. Mills has indisputable better coverage skills, and is helping in run support really that big of an ask? Idk man I just don't see the panic. If McLeod and Mills will be bottom 10, then McLeod and Jenkins was probably bottom 13. And yeah for $14M a year Malcolm can kick rocks lmao

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah I was a fan then. And quite frankly the two are totally unrelated, and the Dawkins departure has left some fans with PTSD. Understandable I guess. I just don't think replacing his physical skills will be all that difficult. Mills has indisputable better coverage skills, and is helping in run support really that big of an ask? Idk man I just don't see the panic. If McLeod and Mills will be bottom 10, then McLeod and Jenkins was probably bottom 13. And yeah for $14M a year Malcolm can kick rocks lmao

Here's my problem with this. Once again We are counting on a Player (Mills) who has proven He cant stay Healthy. It's the equivalent of saying DeSean will be lights out in 2020! 

I know Jalen is Schwartz's Love Child and all so I understand his reasoning but damn some of you have flipped a 180 on Mills who for years all I've  read is how he Sucked, should of been Cut, please get him off the field to Yes, now that is the Man we need at FS? 

Think of it this way. Darius Slay is counting on Jalen Mills to have his back as a safety valve if beat! Jalen? 🤯🤯🙈

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Here's my problem with this. Once again We are counting on a Player (Mills) who has proven He cant stay Healthy. It's the equivalent of saying DeSean will be lights out in 2020! 

I know Jalen is Schwartz's Love Child and all so I understand his reasoning but damn some of you have flipped a 180 on Mills who for years all I've  read is how he Sucked, should of been Cut, please get him off the field to Yes, now that is the Man we need at FS? 

Think of it this way. Darius Slay is counting on Jalen Mills to have his back as a safety valve if beat! Jalen? 🤯🤯🙈

Ppl are down on him as a corner. He's a safety now, where his deep speed on an island, and other short comings at the corner position, are mostly if not completely mitigated.

Edited by EagleBlueDon

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Different positions. I’m assuming there going to use a plethora of guys for different roles or packages. I don’t think anyone is saying Mills is going to be an adequate replacement for Jenkins. At least in some aspects. But they have a couple guys now that can fill the box. Which is what mainly Jenkins did, what was really noticeably good anyway. I think Mills can do well in that role. And McLeods role is still the same in that single high guy so you’d figure there will be no drop off there. Mills will have to adjust some, mainly get more physical. But he was a physical guy at corner and won’t be so much relied on one on one all the time. I think he’ll excel and deployed to cover TEs. Mills will be ok. I’m not expecting a pro bowler. But the team defense will be faster and can disguise itself better with coverages and shading. Looking forward to it. 

I'm just not enthused about Counting on a player who has missed 1/2 the games played, the past two seasons.

He's basically the Safety Version of Desean where every play your 🤞 this isn't the play he comes up Gimp! Well see, hoping for the best.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm just not enthused about Counting on a player who has missed 1/2 the games played, the past two seasons.

He's basically the Safety Version of Desean where every play your 🤞 this isn't the play he comes up Gimp! Well see, hoping for the best.

I think the trend is positionless football. Interchanging parts, more and more focus on coverage type of thing. We have a lot of guys like that right now. It’ll be an exciting group I think. 

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Ppl are down on him as a corner. He's a safety now, where his deep speed on an island, and other short comings at the corner position, are mostly if not completely mitigated.

Oh, so pretty much every bad cb can be a good safety, since it mitigates most, if not all of their deficiencies.