Report: Chargers not adding veteran QB; rolling with Tyrod Taylor

RaidersAreOne

16 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

I'm not sure we've seen anything from this guy to suggest this is possible. 

He is basically .500 in his career as a starter. Why is 8-8 with a strong roster such a stretch? Chargers might have the best defense in the division on a last place schedule. Tyrod ain't gonna turn it over a bunch and he gonna pick up firsts with his feet often. If chargers defense keeps them ahead on scoreboards, he certainly can lead them to .500. 

Brissett/ Hoyer 7-9, mitch trubisky 8-8, sam darnold and bums 7-9,  steelers 15 different qbs 8-8. Yeah tyrod can get them to 7-9 or 8-8. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

He is basically .500 in his career as a starter. Why is 8-8 with a strong roster such a stretch? Chargers might have the best defense in the division on a last place schedule. Tyrod ain't gonna turn it over a bunch and he gonna pick up firsts with his feet often. If chargers defense keeps them ahead on scoreboards, he certainly can lead them to .500. 

Brissett/ Hoyer 7-9, mitch trubisky 8-8, sam darnold and bums 7-9,  steelers 15 different qbs 8-8. Yeah tyrod can get them to 7-9 or 8-8. 

He have a very good defense with some awesome talent, but it's not one to to keep a failing offense on the game.

We can't stop the run, and I haven't seen anything to suggest next year will be different.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kramxel said:

He have a very good defense with some awesome talent, but it's not one to to keep a failing offense on the game.

We can't stop the run, and I haven't seen anything to suggest next year will be different.

I think they can keep a avg offense in every game, if that offense isnt turning the ball over. If Chargers arent turning the ball over at a top 3 pop next year. I see double digit wins. Wont predict much outside of that. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, frenchie said:

It doesn’t mean much at the moment, but why even make it appear that you are committing to a below average quarterback?  I mean do they really think that Tyrod Taylor is going to get fans pumped about the season?

Same decision making experts that thought all the fans of San Diego would move with the Chargers when they moved. 

Hard trying to figure what the Chargers actually have in mind. If they stick with Tyrod this season then you have to figure that they have a long term plan, which would involve improving the defense (Chris Harris and Linval Joseph have signed up) and establishing the running game in the short term with a view to getting their QB of the future through next years draft? 

Or are they just waiting to see if Cam Newton gets released? 

My bet is the latter if they can get him for the right money and if he passes the physical. If they're not interested in Andy Dalton (because he wants too much money?) then how much do they think Cam will demand?