The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

lmao at HogsHaven's Mark Tyler ripping this scenario off and acting like he came up with it himself. His article gives no credit to Cooley or Burgundy Blog for posting about it. Just acted like he thought of it out of the blue.

Lol I did last week we have FF evidence lol. Jk but Honestly it just makes a lot of sense for the multiple visits the fact I actually have them both rated very close overall. But of course I value those two them more then a lot of people. But I don’t grade of positional value I grade off the players ability and how I think their game and talents project. 

18 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Like who? Who would they get in the first two rounds that would be better than the combination of Payne and Guice? 

1. Vea and Hernandez/Wynn/Smith
  2. Keep in mind the original idea was not to draft Guice in the second, but to trade back up to take Guice. If the Redskins trade down and take Payne and Guice without trading back up, I won't be nearly as disappointed.

I think I've settled on drafting Double V if he's there w/ L Payne as the back up plan and the RB in rd 2 . I'd be ...content.

Unless of course we do sign Hawkins  ( don't see it.. he's an up north east kinda guy ) Then all bets are off .

Hers some food for thought...

We all know we need a nose guard, running back and a left guard. Gotta have em. I think everyone would agree with that.

In saying this, I'm telling you right now if for some reason Minkah Fitzpatrick is on the board at 13 they are taking him as they should, he would clearly be BPA. They have liked this kid from the beginning.

I would be willing to bet top 3 on the skins board are as follows Fitzpatrick, Guice, and Payne at 3.

Question is if we land Fitzpatrick what are our options? Guard can be taken care of in rounds 4 or 5 so that's not an issue. We can't get a running back and nose with 1 pick in round 2. Does Hankins come back in play? Do they contact CJ Anderson? Going to be a fun 3 days next week. I'm either going to be real happy or really pissed

5 hours ago, Eric said:

Hers some food for thought...

We all know we need a nose guard, running back and a left guard. Gotta have em. I think everyone would agree with that.

In saying this, I'm telling you right now if for some reason Minkah Fitzpatrick is on the board at 13 they are taking him as they should, he would clearly be BPA. They have liked this kid from the beginning.

I would be willing to bet top 3 on the skins board are as follows Fitzpatrick, Guice, and Payne at 3.

Question is if we land Fitzpatrick what are our options? Guard can be taken care of in rounds 4 or 5 so that's not an issue. We can't get a running back and nose with 1 pick in round 2. Does Hankins come back in play? Do they contact CJ Anderson? Going to be a fun 3 days next week. I'm either going to be real happy or really pissed

Depending on what happens in the draft, I think Anderson, Hankins and Jari Evans are in play after the draft.

I agree that we shouldn’t pass on Fitzpatrick, I have a feeling though that several teams will have him in mind like Bucs, 49ers and Oak.

7 hours ago, Woz said:
  2. Keep in mind the original idea was not to draft Guice in the second, but to trade back up to take Guice. If the Redskins trade down and take Payne and Guice without trading back up, I won't be nearly as disappointed.

Guice is a better prospect than the Guards.

7 hours ago, Woz said:

Not one of those guards is a better player than Guice. 

The Redskins also hosted Georgia running back Sony Michel Wednesday, the last day teams could host potential draft picks. The Redskins have expressed an interest to try and upgrade at running back and have shown strong interest in other backs, notably LSU's Derrius Guice. The question becomes when would they pick one -- if indeed they do. At 13 it might be too high for Guice and 44 might be too low for the backs they would consider upgrades. They went to dinner with Guice the night before his Pro Day and also hosted him at Redskins Park. They also hosted Ronald Jones II after attending his makeup Pro Day.

Archived