2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

Just now, xenajets said:

You will be telling me your not a doctor next.....oh wait!! 

Haha. I just think people need to really start respecting others opinions on here. It’s gotten a bit too chippy on here these last couple weeks. I’d like to think it’s bc of people tired of being stuck at hole perhaps and on here more. But hopefully it’s just a stage.

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

A lot of the spats that go down in message boards can be resolved by following this one principle: 

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
 Harlan Ellison

Jetskiid confirmed

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Haha. I just think people need to really start respecting others opinions on here. It’s gotten a bit too chippy on here these last couple weeks. I’d like to think it’s bc of people tired of being stuck at hole perhaps and on here more. But hopefully it’s just a stage.

Yeah it has been worse this year than ever before but a lot of that will be because of the lockdowns and the fact we are starved of a winning franchise. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Jetskiid confirmed

And to play off of this....

This is completely incorrect for this forum. Everyone’s opinions are welcome. We are all not nfl scouts and we get most of our info from others Who are considered experts and then form our own opinion. So everyone’s opinions are welcome here. Just bc you’re not studying tape all day does not mean you can’t express your opinions.

So feel free to post what you want to other posters.

34 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Lol it’s been happening within a post or two though. Although with all these rumours and B.S. smoke screens getting thrown about I still think this offseasons biggest news was Bobby isn’t actually called Bobby. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Did we get to the bottom of his screen name yet?  😂

I don't believe an informed opinion requires someone to be a scout or an nfl executive. It helps, but there are plenty of NFL scouts and executives that have screwed up. An informed opinion means you aren't blatantly ignorant to facts and aren't blatantly making things up to fit a narrative you seek. NFL scouts aren't the holy grail- many are young guys usually out of college who are taught what to look for and how to evaluate. Hence the quote paraphrased: no one is entitled to an ignorant. 

Having an opinion is one of the most important aspects of football talk- any talk. The important of size vs. speed. Philosophy. Football strategy. The difference in prospects. Importance of positions. Everyone has preferences and that's what makes it great. What makes it bad: when an individual is misinformed yet speaks with conviction and claims they're allowed to because of an opinion. That's just wrong on all levels. 

A good topic to debate which will likely be very opinionated: who will win in Tiger/Manning vs. Phil/Brady

1 hour ago, football guy said:

A lot more people read this forum than many of you think. I know a group of my friends read and use some of the opinions as talking points in our own group chats. 

I could see this being the case. I mean the forum has been around for 15 years and it’s one of the few if not the only place you can go to and get opinions from fans of all teams. Instead of going to a bunch of sites, we can just come here and hear all the nonsense at once. Haha.

8 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

That is a super specific feeling.   What vet wrs are on the market??

Could see us Targeting Alshon, Goodwin, Christian Kirk, Auden Tate, John Ross, Kenny Stills and Willie Snead as guys we could target. Don’t think the WR spot is gonna be “Solved” this year but I think the Group will be Considerably better overall than last years group