2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

5 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

This may sound insane but im starting to warm to thr idea of going WR, in the 1st and 2nd, then addressing OL with several players from there on.   

Reason being is that I don't have a large gap between thre OTs that will be there in the 2nd and the ones there in the 3rd. Guys like Peart, Barch, Charles should be there and they all have things to really like about them. 

At WR however I thunk there will be a drop of since so many are going to go early.   If we end up with Ruggs/ lamb/ Jeudy then pair them with an Aiyuk/Hamler/DPJ/ or even Laviska or Higgins who are falling.   That could change our offense for st least the next 4 years. 

I'm starting to think more about this approach as well, especially considering Douglas' late-OL accumen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I never have said let’s neglect the OL now. I just post FA have moved WR to a bigger need for us than OL. Pre FA I had OL as a bigger need. So for me I have turned to wanting a WR (where all 3 of Lamb, Jeudy and Ruggs are worthy of the 11th pick) more so for us. I also think all 3 of those don’t have as much busy to them as the OLineman. I only see Wills as a slam dunk. Wirfs just needs some coaching and Thomas’s floor is high but his ceiling isn’t overly high. Becton for me is not worth the 11th pick with how raw he is. So at this stage I’d be happy with any of... Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Wills, Wirfs, Thomas. And in that order.

I just like the combo of WR at 11 and OT at 48 better than OT at 11 and WR at 48.

NFL.com uses a similar grading scale to what Joe is using. Using their ratings, a theoretical board for us may look like this.

Young

Okudah

Chalsson (DJ has him lower though)

Wills 

Lamb

Jeudy

Becton

Henderson (DJ has him lower)

Ruggs

Hmm. Jeremiah once mocked Chalsson to us. Hopefully that’s not the case. Does seem like receiver is very likely though. 

Have to imagine LB, QB and DT are off the board early. 

Edited by SDotNova

51 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I'm starting to think more about this approach as well, especially considering Douglas' late-OL accumen

Huh nice, honestly thought I was going to ferry eviscerated for wanting 2 WRs in a row.  

The crazy one that's been knocking around my head is Ruggs then Hamler.  That would be SOOOO much speed for teams to have to account for,  and so much yac where each guy can house it any time they touch the ball.   Then take Darrynton Evans in the 5th.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Huh nice, honestly thought I was going to ferry eviscerated for wanting 2 WRs in a row.  

The crazy one that's been knocking around my head is Ruggs then Hamler.  That would be SOOOO much speed for teams to have to account for,  and so much yac where each guy can house it any time they touch the ball.   Then take Darrynton Evans in the 5th.

I'm not a Hamler guy, but realize that I'm in the minority 

But yes, I like the approach

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bianconero said:

I think this is very far fetched to happen. But I wouldn't be against it at all. I combo I'd love with that scenario would be Lamb at 11 and Hamler at 48. But as I said that seems kinda far fetched.

1 hour ago, Bianconero said:

I'm not a Hamler guy, but realize that I'm in the minority 

But yes, I like the approach

Im not really a Hamler guy either but he is a constant threat to beat your slot CB deep down the seam

Edited by rampantjet

1 hour ago, rampantjet said:

Normally I would but the idea of Ruggs and someone like Aiyuk would give us some insane weapons to pair with Herndon, Bell, and Crowder.  Hope JD could find some late round OL help though because those weapons would be useless without an OL.  

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Normally I would but the idea of Ruggs and someone like Aiyuk would give us some insane weapons to pair with Herndon, Bell, and Crowder.  Hope JD could find some late round OL help though because those weapons would be useless without an OL.  

If he drops due to injury the combo of Lamb and Shenault would be scary.   Both guys with some size and contested catch ability,  and both are great with the ball in their hands.  Shenault's injuries do scare me but he'd be a sure fire first rounder without them. 

• Like 1

Question for the forum,  which position (WR or OT) do you think can come in and make an immediate impact quicker if there are no rookie camp, OTAs and possibly a shortened training camp?

And if you feel one way or the other, should that be taken into consideration picking round one?

This entire offseason will probably be wiped out and just wondering how everyone felt about how that effects pick #11. 

29 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Question for the forum,  which position (WR or OT) do you think can come in and make an immediate impact quicker if there are no rookie camp, OTAs and possibly a shortened training camp?

And if you feel one way or the other, should that be taken into consideration picking round one?

This entire offseason will probably be wiped out and just wondering how everyone felt about how that effects pick #11. 

OL, Can open more holes for Leveon to run which makes our Run game and play action better and can pass protect for Sam which gives him more time to find receivers 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

OL, Can open more holes for Leveon to run which makes our Run game and play action better and can pass protect for Sam which gives him more time to find receivers 

Yep. Any WR we get is going to need camp to build chemistry and timing with Sam in Gase's system. OLs  need to mesh too, but for the most part it's knowing your assignment and putting on the ground. That can be covered with tape, diagrams, and zoom conferences.

• Like 1