2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

8 hours ago, rampantjet said:

I start to lose confidence when Griffin makes the list.   That is how we know we need to draft WR early and often. 

Griffin and Herndon are both good. Are they Kelce, Kittle, Henry? No but they are good enough, have some consistent hands and Darnold has shown good chemistry with both. 

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

Griffin and Herndon are both good. Are they Kelce, Kittle, Henry? No but they are good enough, have some consistent hands and Darnold has shown good chemistry with both. 

I’m for one not as high on Herndon as others. His sample size is too small for me to rely on him. Where at least Griffin is a good backup and has shown flashes. Won’t ever even be great... but will be above average for a 2nd TE. The question is what do we actually have in Herndon. He certainly showed flashes as a rookie but it was too small of a size to say he’s legit. He followed that up with a suspension and season ending injury... so there’s a big question mark there.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m for one not as high on Herndon as others. His sample size is too small for me to rely on him. Where at least Griffin is a good backup and has shown flashes. Won’t ever even be great... but will be above average for a 2nd TE. The question is what do we actually have in Herndon. He certainly showed flashes as a rookie but it was too small of a size to say he’s legit. He followed that up with a suspension and season ending injury... so there’s a big question mark there.

Herndon rookie season- 39 recs/56 targets/12.9 YPC/502 yards/4 TD/69.6% catch percentage/25 first downs

Random Tight End rookie season- 43 recs/63 targets/12.0 YPC/515 yards/2 TD/68.3% catch percentage/24 first downs

Sometimes a small sample size can be contributed to a lack of opportunity. The injury set him back but I think we have something in him. Maybe not All-Pro or Pro Bowl caliber but good enough.

Or its just the Miami fan in me []_[]

10 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Herndon rookie season- 39 recs/56 targets/12.9 YPC/502 yards/4 TD/69.6% catch percentage/25 first downs

Random Tight End rookie season- 43 recs/63 targets/12.0 YPC/515 yards/2 TD/68.3% catch percentage/24 first downs

Sometimes a small sample size can be contributed to a lack of opportunity. The injury set him back but I think we have something in him. Maybe not All-Pro or Pro Bowl caliber but good enough.

Or its just the Miami fan in me []_[]

I'm 100% hoping he's a legit TE for us. I unlike most though, haven't anointed him to that yet. As I said... the sample size is too small for me as well as an off the field issue and a injury. I mean Griffin put up just a little bit weaker stats last year and he's considered average (34rec 320yds 5td) and he had scrub QBs throwing to him for some of that.

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I'm 100% hoping he's a legit TE for us. I unlike most though, haven't anointed him to that yet. As I said... the sample size is too small for me as well as an off the field issue and a injury. I mean Griffin put up just a little bit weaker stats last year and he's considered average (34rec 320yds 5td) and he had scrub QBs throwing to him for some of that.

Last year was such a tough year to really gauge anything. We can talk ability or production. I focus more on ability/process guy and focus on what a player is capable of and how we can get the best out of them but I know you're more of the production/results guy.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Speaking of WR comps, Gil Brandt has been scouting for a long time, but did anyone catch his WR pro comps on NFL.com.

Ruggs -> Darius Heyward Bey???

Ummmmmm????

Edit: Scratch that. I think I was looking at an old ranking. 

Edited by SDotNova

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I believe Herndon is going to be very good.   Griffin is not good.   He's a jag who also can't block. 

39 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I find it hard to believe (not impossible bc it could be true) that JD has all 4 OTs ranked higher than even just 1 of the WRs this draft. Just a guess though.

I think he’ll have Wirfs, Wills, and Becton ranked higher than the WRs, if I could guess his board I think it would look something like:

1. Becton

2. Wirfs

3. Wills

4. CeeDee Lamb

5. Henry Ruggs

6. Andrew Thomas

7. Jerry Jeudy

8. Klavon Chassion

9. Josh Jones

10. CJ Henderson 

Again this isn’t my top 10 but based on what teams he’s been apart of have done in the past and the type of players they took I can see this being his top 10.

Edited by Dr.O

Just now, Dr.O said:

I think he’ll have Wirfs, Wills, and Becton ranked higher than the WRs, if I could guess his board I think it would look something like:

1. Becton

2. Wirfs

3. Wills

4. CeeDee Lamb

5. Henry Ruggs

6. Andrew Thomas

7. Jerry Jeudy

8. Klavon Chassion

9. Josh Jones

10. CJ Henderson 

Not far from what I think... (purely a guess)

1. Wills

2. Wirfs

3. Lamb

4. Ruggs

5. Becton

6. Jeudy

7. Thomas

8. Jones

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I find it hard to believe (not impossible bc it could be true) that JD has all 4 OTs ranked higher than even just 1 of the WRs this draft. Just a guess though.

Seeing how little we did at WR, and how Douglas talked about how they want to increase speed and to be able to attack teams. I think a WR at round 1 is a real possibility considering our weapons are trash. If we add a #1 WR we start looking competent on offense.  Lamb and Jeudy are special. More I watch I have Lamb as my best WR by a little bit, just because he consistently makes the tough grabs and has great hands, he also blocks and he plays tough, he has that STAR attitude, I think hes going to be a elite WR in the NFL.  Jeudy glides on a field and looks like a natural at football, but hands is what puts Lamb over him. I see Lamb bailing out a QB with his adjustments and ability to get it, I see the desire to be great as well. You can tell Lamb truly loves football and wants to be a great WR. 

Either one I'd be happy with though. 

• Like 1