2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

25 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Seeing how little we did at WR, and how Douglas talked about how they want to increase speed and to be able to attack teams. I think a WR at round 1 is a real possibility considering our weapons are trash. If we add a #1 WR we start looking competent on offense.  Lamb and Jeudy are special. More I watch I have Lamb as my best WR by a little bit, just because he consistently makes the tough grabs and has great hands, he also blocks and he plays tough, he has that STAR attitude, I think hes going to be a elite WR in the NFL.  Jeudy glides on a field and looks like a natural at football, but hands is what puts Lamb over him. I see Lamb bailing out a QB with his adjustments and ability to get it, I see the desire to be great as well. You can tell Lamb truly loves football and wants to be a great WR. 

Either one I'd be happy with though. 

JMO, but they are so far above the round 2 possibilities that it drives me crazy we may pass on them.  Unless JD has more hugs for Ruggs, that is.

Edited by dcat

1 hour ago, Greene N White said:

You are delusional if there’s more than 1 or maybe 2 tops Tackles you would take over Lamb/jeudy with the roster in its current state.

I’d say 2 as well (Wills is the only one I see, but I could see JD thinking Wirfs too). But I wouldn’t say it’s “crazy” to have other OTs ranked high. 

Picking a tackle over a WR in round 1 would’ve been like us signing 2 WRs in free agency, keeping Robby, and still taking 1 in the first.

We are the 32nd ranked WR group in the NFL at this point. It just doesn’t make sense not to take a potential game changer at the position.

Edited by Greene N White

17 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Picking a tackle over a WR in round 1 would’ve been like us signing 2 WRs in free agency, keeping Robby, and still taking 1 in the first.

We are the 32nd ranked WR group in the NFL at this point. It just doesn’t make sense not to take a potential game changer at the position.

We signed 1 Tackle in Free Agency not 2 and brought back Beachum or Shell. We are the 32nd ranked WR group in your mind and mind only. Are we top tier? God no but weren’t a bad group. A couple Mid round rookies and natural development from the guys returning should be enough with an improved OL and run game. 

Edited by KingOfTheDot

20 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

We signed 1 Tackle in Free Agency not 2 and brought back Beachum or Shell. We are the 32nd ranked WR group in your mind and mind only. Are we top tier? God no but weren’t a bad group. A couple Mid round rookies and natural development from the guys returning should be enough with an improved OL and run game. 

It’s general consensus we have the worst WR room in the entire league and we have a coach who likes to air it out. Having our young qb throw to breshad perriman, Jamison crowder and 1 game (maybe) out of enunwa doesn’t make sense.

38 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

That’s a horrible analogy. We probably have the 31st or 32nd ranked OL by those standards. 

1 minute ago, Greene N White said:

Oakland is right behind us and I’d argue has better WRs than we do and it’s just the consensus that’s the route they’re going in this draft. It shouldn’t even be a debate lmao.

They can afford to do that because they have a good OL in place.

1 minute ago, Dr.O said:

They can afford to do that because they have a good OL in place.

We signed 3 players this offseason and haven’t done anything to improve the WR position in fact it’s gotten worse arguably. I still have the Stephen hill, Devin Smith, and every other garbage WR pick we’ve made over the past few years in my mind. It’s time to take a no brainer elite WR to pair with our young qb and put an end to this.

I want Ruggs, Lamb, or Jeudy as much as the next guy but I just don’t think it be smart to take them over Wirfs, Wills, or Thomas. Yes we need weapons but it’s more important to make sure we don’t turn Sam into the next David Carr. Realistically we only upgraded 1 spot in FA(McGovern), the probable Von Rotten move to RG is more of a lateral move from winters and the Fant pick up is all banking on him being a great scheme fit and being over his injury woes which I don’t believe is smart to put all our eggs in that basket.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

We signed 3 players this offseason and haven’t done anything to improve the WR position in fact it’s gotten worse arguably. I still have the Stephen hill, Devin Smith, and every other garbage WR pick we’ve made over the past few years in my mind. It’s time to take a no brainer elite WR to pair with our young qb and put an end to this.

And is our OL really that much better than last years group? Again McGovern is the only legitimate surefire upgrade on the OL that we got. Fant and VonRotten we’re banking on them being great scheme fits and being over injuries which isn’t smart. This is the deepest WR class we’ve seen in awhile we should take advantage of that Depth and grab 2-3 in the 2nd-5th round. The drop off from those top 3/4 guys is much greater than the drop off from the top 3 WRs.