2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

Anyone interested in Baun now?  I assume he'll drop because of the failed test and we need OLB help.  He undersized but had double digits sacks and would be worth it in round 3 if he drops that far.  He was probably a late first early second before the failed test.

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Yeah I think some were high on Burns and Sweat via trade downs. 

Yea that’s what I wanted. I wanted us to trade down even at a discount. But I also went as far as saying take Burns with the 3rd pick if we can’t trade down. I liked Allen but wanted Burns. Still think Burns has room to get better. Let’s see how these guys are in a couple more years.

10 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Anyone interested in Baun now?  I assume he'll drop because of the failed test and we need OLB help.  He undersized but had double digits sacks and would be worth it in round 3 if he drops that far.  He was probably a late first early second before the failed test.

You bet.  He would be a fine pick at 68 if he is there.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Ruggs is the best WR in this class and it's really not all that close for me.  He runs a diverse route tree already, has top notch hands, and his speed/YAC is second to none.

Lamb has the biggest bust factor given he's never faced press coverage or good CBs for that matter.  No telling how he'll handle contested catches on the next level.

If we do go WR for some strange reason I hope its Ruggs only.

He had a better game against LSU then the other two receivers. LSU has a great secondary and they press all day long.

Ruggs struggled against LSU’s press coverage. And Jeudy mostly plays the slot. Ruggs and Lamb did see some time against LSU in the slot though. They didn’t exclusively play on the outside.

Edited by SDotNova

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Making quite an impact, huh? Make your 1st few posts yesterday and then attack the MOD. Real smart.

Being new you should read before you post. I after said I was being rather sarcastic bc most of us disliked the Q pick. Most of us wanted Josh Allen (who isn’t a WR)

I didn’t know that was against the rules to post a gif in response to the all powerful moderator. Banter not allowed? 

Anyway, don’t take it so personally. This is a message board right? I make jokes so you should get used to it, and I welcome all the memes in return. 

Q was an excellent pick. What the Jets should have done was trade down, but Maccagnan nixed it. Sure Josh Allen had better stats, but for the “most of us” who wanted him, why not give it a few years before jumping to conclusions? 

I’d be overjoyed if we got him in the 3rd. 

Is anyone good at computing and can come up with some dodgy video of Chase Young smoking with Nate Diaz or something. Get him tumbling down to #11. 

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

He had a better game against LSU then the other two receivers. LSU has a great secondary and they press all day long.

Ruggs struggled against LSU’s press coverage. And Jeudy mostly plays the slot. Ruggs and Lamb did see some time against LSU in the slot though. They didn’t exclusively play on the outside.

Well to be fair Ruggs doesn't get the target share Lamb gets and Smith did go for 200+ against LSU too.  Ruggs did make an impact with a 20+ yard average though.

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

I’d be overjoyed if we got him in the 3rd. 

Is anyone good at computing and can come up with some dodgy video of Chase Young smoking with Nate Diaz or something. Get him tumbling down to #11. 

I don't know what this does to his stock though.  Anyone have a similar prospect story that we can possibly relate this to?  I think of Gregory but he had such a long history not just one mistake.

For sure interested in him. We need an edge rusher in those mid rounds

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I don't know what this does to his stock though.  Anyone have a similar prospect story that we can possibly relate this to?  I think of Gregory but he had such a long history not just one mistake.

Apparently he was pumping himself full of water to add weight when he weighed in. That’s his excuse anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

There's been guys with issues (domestic stuff) that actually havent fallen in the draft much. Frank Clark for example went 63rd when he was a 1st Round guy. Joe Mixon went 48 with an assault. Gregory as you mentioned still went at 60 with multiple drug issues. As of now though I believe Baun's case is still being investigated. It wasnt a positive for drugs it was ruled diluted. So not dsure what the next step is.

Looking at highlights and game tape, almost all of these receivers made plays from outside and in the slot. Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Shenault, Jefferson, Reagor and Aiyuk all spent time inside. I think the receiver position in college is almost gong position less like basketball in a way.

Plus top corners don’t track or shadow top receivers in college. ( Let me know if I’m wrong about that statement). It makes sense for coaches and coordinators to move their #1 targets around to take advantage of matchups.  

My point is as a result a lot of the big plays and highlights for some of these guys are from the slot. It’s something to take into consideration at the next level but shouldn’t be held against them  as far as their ability to succeed outside. 

One thing I take away from Gase and JD is that they want flexible pieces that they can move around the field. Any receiver we take will need to be able to line up all over. Just because we label Crowder our slot receiver doesn’t anyone we draft strictly needs to play outside.