2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

34 minutes ago, xenajets said:

So that’s; Wills, Wirfs, Becton, Thomas, Jones, Jackson. 
Then maybe Cleveland, Niang, Wilson, Wonogho? 

Doesn’t make me feel as comfortable waiting until the 2nd round for an OT now. Could we maybe go edge in the 2nd and sign Jason Peters for a year before hitting OT next year? 

Something that we're not really thinking about is that basically from 20-45, all of our OT and WR favorites might be gone - or at least most of them will be

21 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Something that we're not really thinking about is that basically from 20-45, all of our OT and WR favorites might be gone - or at least most of them will be

Yeah iv thought that myself. That’s why having someone with the talent, experience and leadership like Jason Peters on a 1yr deal if the OT’s go is not a bad idea. 
If we went WR at #11 and all the 2nd tier OT’s we’re gone by #48 then we could go for a pass rusher or CB and sign Peters. 

I would only go OT if Willis, Wirf or Thomas are there. I put Becton on the second level with Cleveland, Jones and Jackson. If one of those three are not there than it is Jeudy followed by Lamb and then Ruggs. I really hope a QB drops out of the top 10 then we can have a bidding war for pick 11 and maybe pull a first for next year. 

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

Yeah iv thought that myself. That’s why having someone with the talent, experience and leadership like Jason Peters on a 1yr deal if the OT’s go is not a bad idea. 
If we went WR at #11 and all the 2nd tier OT’s we’re gone by #48 then we could go for a pass rusher or CB and sign Peters. 

That's a good plan.  We can't let this be a draft like Idziks, waiting way too long for WR.  I haven't loved what I see at 48 in terms of WR, especially vs getting CeeDee, who I think is a great fit for Sam's improvised and oft errant throws.

Edited by dcat