2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

5 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Becton failed combine drug tests 

if he is clean for 60 days, I think, his status returns to that of all the other rooks.  The new CBA is quite lenient.  But all teams should be at least a little concerned that this is an omen of Becton's future?

Edited by dcat
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, dcat said:

if he is clean for 60 days, I think, his status returns to that of all the other rooks.  The new CBA is quite lenient.  But all teams should be at least a little concerned that this is an omen of Becton's future?

Well it just proves he does use drugs (Or at least once he has 😉). Which can make teams shy away. And with not a Reagor ion always interview process teams can’t question this the wya they normally can ore draft

25 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

If I'm a gambling man I'm gonna say he failed for a diluted sample. Wills and Thomas are my top 2 but I'd still take Becton at #11. CeeDee is my #1 non-OT

Im not sure about it being diluted (I could be totally wrong). But normally a diluted is for a guy that trying to add weight for their weigh in. Becton did not have to worry about that. In fact it might have helped him to be lighter if anything. 

1 hour ago, dcat said:

Draft Lamb at 11.  Package 48 + one of the 3rd rounds and move back up into rd 1 to get the falling Becton or Josh Jones.

There are times when trading up is the best approach.  How would you all feel if on opening day (probably spring 2021), we see Lamb lined up with Becton/Jones firmly in place.  Would give Sam and this team a whole new feel.  I am firmly in the trade up camp now and I almost never endorse trading up.  I am now.

100%. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Dream scenario right now I’m hoping for

1. Andrew Thomas

2. Josh Uche

3. Laviska Shenault/Van Jefferson

4. Lynn Bowden

I know most would hate waiting til the 3rd but if we could land this haul. Lord.

As long as Thomas is ours, any kind of draft will be a win.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Dream scenario right now I’m hoping for

1. Andrew Thomas

2. Josh Uche

3. Laviska Shenault/Van Jefferson

4. Lynn Bowden

I know most would hate waiting til the 3rd but if we could land this haul. Lord.

You're right. I would hold off on Uche and grab a WR in the 2nd. 

But... 

1. Thomas

2. Higgins/Aiyuk/Mims/Reagor

3. Grab another WR and Edge/CB

I'm happy. 

• Like 1

This kind of stuff throws up big red flags to me. Coming out of college...you’re interviewing for jobs...you know you are going to take a drug test...and you fail. Just think back to when you were that age. I don’t know many who would make this same mistake. The majority of prospects don’t make this mistake.

For those that like him, they’ll likely look past this and point to Tunsil. Which is a fair comparison. But this signals immaturity and/or Becton not having good advisors around him. And supposedly scouts don’t think he loves football! 

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

This kind of stuff throws up big red flags to me. Coming out of college...you’re interviewing for jobs...you know you are going to take a drug test...and you fail. Just think back to when you were that age. I don’t know many who would make this same mistake. The majority of prospects don’t make this mistake.

For those that like him, they’ll likely look past this and point to Tunsil. Which is a fair comparison. But this signals immaturity and/or Becton not having good advisors around him. And supposedly scouts don’t think he loves football! 

Well Tunsil actually didn’t fail a test. There was just a picture of him. This is an actual failed test. Like others have mentioned... odds are he stays clean for those 60 days (or whatever it is) and it’s as if it never happened. But it throws up the red flag that he does in fact do drugs (at least one time he did).

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Well Tunsil actually didn’t fail a test. There was just a picture of him. This is an actual failed test. Like others have mentioned... odds are he stays clean for those 60 days (or whatever it is) and it’s as if it never happened. But it throws up the red flag that he does in fact do drugs (at least one time he did).

Picture? Didn’t Tunsil have a full fledged video lol. 

• Like 1

CeeDee CeeDee CeeDee,
This week will be torture for me.
I've been loyal for 55 years
But each Fall is filled with tears
Dammit just get it done, JD

And one personnel executive says that the Jets can land a transformational wide receiver in the first round. 

The executive, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he can’t publicly talk about NFL Draft prospects, said that CeeDee Lamb has the potential to be a game changer for any team that drafts him. The Jets, at No. 11, could be in a position to land the Oklahoma wide receiver. 

“To me, he is the best wide receiver in the draft, hands down,” the executive said. 

“I know everyone likes [Jerry] Jeudy and he is a great prospect, Pro Bowl caliber. But Lamb is the most polished wide receiver in this draft. He grades out very well. Fantastic route runner. Great hands. Breaks plays, reliable. His radius is great, jumps off the charts. If it is thrown in his direction, he gets it. Watch his tape and he is the type of player who checks every box. To me, he should be the first wide receiver taken in the draft but the hype around Jeudy is strong and deserved. But to me, he is the best wide receiver out there.” 

Edited by dcat
  • Like 2