2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

6 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I don’t think the drug test is a big deal honestly. Teams have shot themselves in the foot caring about things more than they should. It’s not like Becton has a history of issues. 

You very well could be right. And if he does fall past us, I don't think he falls far. Just bc of how high his ceiling is.

But what I will say is, a lot of people don't completely know how drug testing goes in college (especially football). It's one of the biggest jokes known if you've played or have had friends play (ask them). Thats why its so rare you hear college players failing drug tests.  Teams generally know when they getting tested and they hand the drug tests to ST players and such.

Not saying Becton has a history of drug use. But I wouldn't say just bc he has a "clean" history in college previous to this, that he has never done drugs before. Let's be real... do we really think right before his 1st major job interview (the combine) that that was his 1st time using drugs? Could it have been? Sure. Just very unlikely.  If I had to guess (no validity to this guess) is that he never even took a drug test in college.

• Like 1

Wow jetskidd did hype Jackson to us and now talks of top 15 from DJ?  I need to look into him more I guess.  Seems like an option for us possibly but I never looked into him because I always expected 1 of the top 4 to be there at 11 and Jackson to be long gone by R2.

Time to dive into a film review.

• Like 1

Wondering about Becton’s failed sample. No one knows what he tested positive for, most probably assume weed. 

But what if it was a diet pill to actually DROP weight. That would come up as a masking agent. Got this idea from a friend of mine who was a college wrestler. You need to be super careful about what you take to drop weight or you get flagged  on a urine test.

I’d actually be more worried if he has a problem maintaining his weight than if he smoked weed. 

33 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Wow jetskidd did hype Jackson to us and now talks of top 15 from DJ?  I need to look into him more I guess.  Seems like an option for us possibly but I never looked into him because I always expected 1 of the top 4 to be there at 11 and Jackson to be long gone by R2.

Time to dive into a film review.

It’s a hard evaluation because some teams see Jackson as a top prospect whose uneven play had more to do with circumstances outside of football than it was a reflection of him as a football player. Teams are encouraged how he gutted out the season- especially early on where he clearly was not 100% yet still was among the best pass protectors in the nation. Scouts saw a player who was inconsistent, but when those reports got to execs and they were able to huddle with their medical teams to ask “how would a bone marrow transplant effect a player short term/long term”, they got the answer they needed. 

Edited by football guy

9 minutes ago, football guy said:

It’s a hard evaluation because some teams see Jackson as a top prospect whose uneven play had more to do with circumstances outside of football than it was a reflection of him as a football player. Teams are encouraged how he gutted out the season- especially early on where he clearly was not 100% yet still was among the best pass protectors in the nation. Scouts saw a player who was inconsistent, but when those reports got to execs and they were able to huddle with their medical teams to ask “how would a bone marrow transplant effect a player short term/long term”, they got the answer they needed. 

I'm totally fine with him in the 2nd after landing JJ or Lamb.

Apparently it's pretty well known that SF wants to tarde back with either or both of their 1st rounders bc they dont have a pick again until Round 5. I like the idea of trading with them for 31 and giving up our 2nd and our 3rd (not the NYG 3rd). Go Lamb at 11 and make that trade up for an OT we love (hard to tell who will be there that late). Or draft an OT at 11 and trade up for a WR we maybe love. Obviously it would have to be a player we'd have to love to make that trade up. But SF is looking to acquire picks and with 2 3rds we could be interested.

• Like 1