Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

5 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Has it been fixed?

No idea. It was “fixed” for me today by locking me out of being able to update my direct deposit info and instead requiring I get a check in a while from now. 

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

Is it a good idea to give everyone (even those who aren't even out of work because of the virus) $2,000 a month? No idea... But I definitely won't be complaining if it happens.

... I'll stimulate the hell out of the economy with that:D

Yeah, i think another stimulus will be sent out, maybe not 2k though

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Yeah, i think another stimulus will be sent out, maybe not 2k though

It definitely seems a little much... That's almost as much as I already take home after taxes and I'm still able to work through all this so it'd basically be damn near doubling my income until all this is over.

And the part that I find interesting is that it supposedly will not count as having an income... So does that mean people still get unemployment from their respective states on top of 2,000 a month from the federal government? Cause that seems extreme... For a lot of folks they'd be making more than they did when they were working, lol.

3 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

It definitely seems a little much... That's almost as much as I already take home after taxes and I'm still able to work through all this so it'd basically be damn near doubling my income until all this is over.

And the part that I find interesting is that it supposedly will not count as having an income... So does that mean people still get unemployment from their respective states on top of 2,000 a month from the federal government? Cause that seems extreme... For a lot of folks they'd be making more than they did when they were working, lol.

Yes, same thing as the original 1200. A lot of people would be making more than they typically would, which means a lot of stupid spending, but that’s what they want.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Yes, same thing as the original 1200. A lot of people would be making more than they typically would, which means a lot of stupid spending, but that’s what they want.

Oh I will definitely spend it on some stupid stuff, no doubt about it...50 bucks to have lunch delivered from a steak House? You bet!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Honestly, so what? For once, the government would actually be helping out those of us who actually represent the majority of this county instead of the wealthy who never want for anything. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, D82 said:

Honestly, so what? For once, the government would actually be helping out those of us who actually represent the majority of this county instead of the wealthy who never want for anything. 

Don’t want to get too political but yepppp

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Right but paying $2000 to people that lose their job is a little different than paying everyone under a certain income don't you think?

It's only a temporary measure. I don't think anyone is going to quit their job to get it. Besides the only way this passes the Senate is if reopening the economy fails spectacularly. At that point they will try something to alleviate mob protest again.

23 minutes ago, D82 said:

Oh sir

But they will be helping out the wealthy

You can bet on that 100 million percent

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, D82 said:

Yep. Our economy is built on the middle class and lower class spending. Once that stopped because of the virus, it's not a surprise that things went downhill quickly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Glen said:

Oh sir

But they will be helping out the wealthy

You can bet on that 100 million percent

I mean...of course. But, at least we'd get something out of it for once. 

Just now, D82 said:

I mean...of course. But, at least we'd get something out of it for once. 

Don't worry, we'll be paying the taxes on these for years to come. Don't feel too thrilled just yet!

I am bear the bad news bear.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Glen said:

Don't worry, we'll be paying the taxes on these for years to come. Don't feel too thrilled just yet!

I am bear the bad news bear.

I mean, we didn't on this last one. Feel like they can do it again. 

1 minute ago, D82 said:

I mean, we didn't on this last one. Feel like they can do it again. 

Well it would be counter intuitive to tax us on money given to us from taxes we previously paid.

We will be paying off the stimulus checks as well as bail outs with our collective tax dollars from the tax money taken out of our paychecks/other forms of taxation.

I believe.