Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

7 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm not cherry picking anything - MBTL has explained over and over why he considers those comparisons completely inaccurate. You and a lot of other people keep asking him questions and then ignore his answers because you disagree with the answers he's given you.

And other have responded...my beef with the commentary has been its more whining and complaining than actual substance.  You share a similar view yet you come at it from a different approach.  If someone comes up to you yelling about something how likely are you to care? 

And you are cherry picking because you yourself touted the same stock (which is 100% irrelevant to any of this). 

7 hours ago, TVScout said:

NJ has opened up a lot of the centers to anyone who wants a test on certain days to drive more traffic. 

6 hours ago, mistakey said:

And my issue is that you dont need to say anything.  A wink wink, or even a misremembering by one of your fans or a twisting of your words.  Or them just reacting to one of your joke posts.  Yall can launder whatever the f u want thru the fact that people do trust you.  

Did something happen at some point in this thread with someone getting seriously injured/hurt/etc based off of a post?  I am so confused at this point.  EVEN if someone took the MoL as the gospel, what could one actually do with that information that would harm them? I am genuinely asking because clearly I can't see things from your point of view. 

The other side of the argument (and maybe you are just a really really good person who genuinely cares about the well being of all people) people know smoking causes cancer...still smoke, people know drinking isn't good for you...still drink.  If people see a post and know it is not medical advice and somehow turn it into medical advice, well...there is a higher power at work there. So I am genuinely curious, do you have this much energy about all things that can harm us as humans or is there something that sparked this? 

5 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

That's where I would disagree with you. You can't be infected with bad financial advice.

Never been to that thread, but curious (off topic but maybe welcomed) what you mean by  "can't be infected with bad financial advice"?  You think there is something to be learned from all financial related advice or that bad advice in that context won't "stick"?

6 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

Did something happen at some point in this thread with someone getting seriously injured/hurt/etc based off of a post?  I am so confused at this point.  EVEN if someone took the MoL as the gospel, what could one actually do with that information that would harm them? I am genuinely asking because clearly I can't see things from your point of view. 

The other side of the argument (and maybe you are just a really really good person who genuinely cares about the well being of all people) people know smoking causes cancer...still smoke, people know drinking isn't good for you...still drink.  If people see a post and know it is not medical advice and somehow turn it into medical advice, well...there is a higher power at work there. So I am genuinely curious, do you have this much energy about all things that can harm us as humans or is there something that sparked this? 

Well someone said they invested their life savings. . . But its easier for those involved to say “ahhhh he was joking” without finding out if it was true or even contemplating that it could be true.  Or people in “tier one” countries think its ok to start relaxinf their social distancing when its not

2 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

Never been to that thread, but curious (off topic but maybe welcomed) what you mean by  "can't be infected with bad financial advice"?  You think there is something to be learned from all financial related advice or that bad advice in that context won't "stick"?

I mean it literally. It means that if someone takes bad advice in a different thread, they can't unknowingly pass that bad advice on to a third person. But that's not how it works for a virus.

• Like 1

doesn't allude to any future projections or public policy decisions, but that's how your results are being grouped together. So your description of your metric in your disclaimer doesn't match how you've been reporting or contextualizing the results from your metric.

I must be super dense, even if the MoL says "start relaxing social distancing" or whatever the quoted text said, what can someone do with that information?  Perhaps this is an issue in other parts of the country but is anything in any location 100%, no restrictions, open?  Even if I had no brain cells left and somehow took the MoL as my saving grace and based my actions around what the MoL said happened in the past I could not do a damn thing different because there are still strict state mandated guidelines in place. 

Earlier in this thread you mentioned something about Wisconsin, are there states that are legit open and someone could, in theory, read something on the internet and go do something that would potentially harm themselves? 

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I mean it literally. It means that if someone takes bad advice in a different thread, they can't unknowingly pass that bad advice on to a third person. But that's not how it works for a virus.

Ahh gotcha. 

1 minute ago, acowboys62 said:

I must be super dense, even if the MoL says "start relaxing social distancing" or whatever the quoted text said, what can someone do with that information?  Perhaps this is an issue in other parts of the country but is anything in any location 100%, no restrictions, open?  Even if I had no brain cells left and somehow took the MoL as my saving grace and based my actions around what the MoL said happened in the past I could not do a damn thing different because there are still strict state mandated guidelines in place. 

Earlier in this thread you mentioned something about Wisconsin, are there states that are legit open and someone could, in theory, read something on the internet and go do something that would potentially harm themselves? 

Wisconsin is (may be? - we don't know if any stay at home orders can be enforced). 

My point - and you're reading the thread so you'll get there - is that I think MoL would be smarter to divorce their personal opinions from their metric so that it is clear to the reader what they are thinking/opining on versus what the MoL score might say.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Well someone said they invested their life savings. . . But its easier for those involved to say “ahhhh he was joking” without finding out if it was true or even contemplating that it could be true.  Or people in “tier one” countries think its ok to start relaxinf their social distancing when its not

Well, I will flip the question, did you ask that person if they were serious?  Wouldn't it be beneficial for everyone to know if in fact said person was joking?  Because if they were joking then a lot of things have been said and a lot of energy expelled when perhaps it wasn't necessary.  Those "tiers" are not actual government tiers so I still fail to see how someone who is living in a country that was determined Tier 1 can go do anything differently when their government is determining what is allowed.

5 hours ago, TLO said:

Not to mention the argument was literally that people would lose their life savings by listening to us talk about Gilead

All I know is, I dumped Gilead a while ago and while this thread was hot and bothered with Gilead I went heavy on Moderna (despite my earlier post about pharma stocks)...today was a good day.  

And by good day I mean I can't retire yet or ever at this rate. :(

• Like 1

So is it a metric just for tallying of cases, or is it a metric that is designed to help shape the public policy?

Your disclaimer states one thing, but you're arguing here the other.

The following quote from a Governor from only a few hours ago “Should the data continue to improve and keep giving us a green light, we will be able to further reduce restrictions on other businesses, including allowing our restaurants to once again welcome diners to outdoor tables – and, potentially, to a limited number of indoor ones, or to more creative business models – and, for some personal care businesses to begin to reopen for their clients,” 

It is how many shape their public policy by looking at the trailing data.  It is how most policies are shaped whether in the business world or political world. 

10 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

Well, I will flip the question, did you ask that person if they were serious?  Wouldn't it be beneficial for everyone to know if in fact said person was joking?  Because if they were joking then a lot of things have been said and a lot of energy expelled when perhaps it wasn't necessary.  Those "tiers" are not actual government tiers so I still fail to see how someone who is living in a country that was determined Tier 1 can go do anything differently when their government is determining what is allowed.

Yes.  

2 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

The following quote from a Governor from only a few hours ago “Should the data continue to improve and keep giving us a green light, we will be able to further reduce restrictions on other businesses, including allowing our restaurants to once again welcome diners to outdoor tables – and, potentially, to a limited number of indoor ones, or to more creative business models – and, for some personal care businesses to begin to reopen for their clients,” 

It is how many shape their public policy by looking at the trailing data.  It is how most policies are shaped whether in the business world or political world. 

Not the epidemiology world, which is what matters here.

• Like 1