Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

I never understood why hairstylists got the axe.  My dad’s wife is a hairstylist.  They check temperatures, wear masks/gloves and require clients to wear masks/gloves.

I don’t know how many a day, but figure a max of ten clients per day, 5 clients, one client at a time... That does not seem very high risk.  

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I never understood why hairstylists got the axe.  My dad’s wife is a hairstylist.  They check temperatures, wear masks/gloves and require clients to wear masks/gloves.

I don’t know how many a day, but figure a max of ten clients per day, 5 clients, one client at a time... That does not seem very high risk.  

I mean, you physically can't do the job without being right in someones face. I think the masks help but don't totally eliminate the spread, so being face to face with someone for 10-15 minutes essentially seems like a pretty easy way to spread.

33 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I wonder how many schools will cancel now that the "domino" fell.

I mentioned it several pages back, but i keep telling my wife to mentally prepare for more online school.  Her school is saying they're going back right now, but i have a hard time believing that's actually going to be the case as we learn more every day.  At least, not for the entire school year.

Just now, theJ said:

I mentioned it several pages back, but i keep telling my wife to mentally prepare for more online school.  Her school is saying they're going back right now, but i have a hard time believing that's actually going to be the case as we learn more every day.  At least, not for the entire school year.

Yeah, NH is saying we're going back but I will prepare for online school until we're in the building. Way easier to turn remote lesson plans into in person lesson plans than vice verse.

• Like 1

BTW, i really hope they find a way to make school work.  Because there's definitely been a shift in my kid's personalities.  There's no doubt the lack of socialization is causing harm.  They're not getting the mental stimulation they need, and my wife and i can't do it alone.  The younger one especially is getting particularly unruly.

I've heard other parents say the same thing (my kid was good before, now he's turning into a nightmare).

Just now, theJ said:

BTW, i really hope they find a way to make school work.  Because there's definitely been a shift in my kid's personalities.  There's no doubt the lack of socialization is causing harm.  They're not getting the mental stimulation they need, and my wife and i can't do it alone.  The younger one especially is getting particularly unruly.

I've heard other parents say the same thing (my kid was good before, now he's turning into a nightmare).

Agreed. I want to be back in school. I just don't see it happening with the way we're headed.

15 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I still don’t think MLB has a season

I would think that MLB has a better chance of having a season than NBA -NBA players are much closer in proximity   ??

21 minutes ago, theJ said:ve heard other parents say the same thing (my kid was good before, now he's turning into a nightmare).

Lol, as a fierce and unapologetic non-parent, I would say this is just a case of you seeing what teachers had to deal with for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

I mean, you physically can't do the job without being right in someones face. I think the masks help but don't totally eliminate the spread, so being face to face with someone for 10-15 minutes essentially seems like a pretty easy way to spread.

I think you can do it safely as seen by what happened in Missouri earlier last month.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/11/us/missouri-hairstylists-coronavirus-clients-trnd/index.html

31 minutes ago, theJ said:

I do too. But with no clear way to do it, you’re trading mental health for other problems. We unfortunately don’t have the right leadership to resolve this problem any time soon.

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

I do too. But with no clear way to do it, you’re trading mental health for other problems. We unfortunately don’t have the right leadership to resolve this problem any time soon.

Betsy Devos might be even more of an issue. She'd love nothing more than to see public education destroyed.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Probably. I'm just saying thats probably the logic. You also dive into "If they're open, I can be open" etc.

The second part I agree with. Newsom already got sued earlier for making churches open at 25% capacity during initial reopening. I just wish there was a way to get people to understand why certain businesses have the modifications to stay open.