Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I think it's easy to ignore the most important part: it's a plan. Like, a real one. With words that someone wrote down.

Fair, but, not exactly aspirational.

But, to the plan’s credit, it at least included a concept of funding, rather than declaring some other country would pay for it.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

The vilifying of teachers is certainly sad to see. I have no issue going to school IF we have safe protocols in place. Right now New Hampshire isn't mandating masks and isn't offering anything in the way of helping us provide PPE and safety protocols. I understand other people have to go to work...but they've been given safety protocols and most stores are now requiring shoppers to wear masks.

I don't want to be stuck in rooms with 20 kids for 8 hours a day with none of them wearing masks. In a stale room, with no air circulation and one window.

“20 kids”

LOL

LOL

LOL

LOL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

Fair, but, not exactly aspirational.

But, to the plan’s credit, it at least included a concept of funding, rather than declaring some other country would pay for it.

I think he’s missing a golden opportunity here.

If I were him, my entire campaign would be “Where’s the Wall? 2020”

I would meme troll the meme.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I think it's easy to ignore the most important part: it's a plan. Like, a real one. With words that someone wrote down.

I think what’s frustrating is that his 1st proposal is controlling the virus spread which is such a “well duh” statement. Until you realize that even that idea is a rarity these days. Common sense doesn’t seem to be very common these days.

Edited by Xenos

On 7/16/2020 at 7:11 PM, kingseanjohn said:

I can't believe that I have Facebook friends that are happy with this. This year has been a real eye opener on personal beliefs and intelligence. I mean, you always have an idea, but to have it confirmed is something else.

This is interesting on account of executive orders and how cities and their state government interact.  For example, Baltimore and Annapolis stayed in a state of emergency longer than the counties in the state of Maryland, as all were transitioned to phase one, and some to phase two, by the time that both cities emerged from those.  Back in the 2015 riots, Governor Hogan gave the current mayor three days to fix it, and when things really devolved he took over, so it will be very interesting to watch.  

That being said, this is the height of stupidity, along with people wearing the mesh facemasks.  

4 hours ago, Xenos said:

Out of footballs to give again. Do the mods know why there are limits?

To prevent people from abusing them, making "poop posts", etc.  

We did get Webby to give us more footballs during the draft weekend so chances are we can get him to add more for big events in the future. 

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

It takes guts to do that without a pandemic

For sure.  I remember both my mom and dad getting sick quite a few times, and they taught high school.  My dad could power through it, but my mother constantly used up her sick days, and sometimes more.  My cousin also taught first and third grade and had the same issue as my mom.  

Someone noted this here, and I have work stories that are similar, but with most kids not being in school and/or daycare, they are actually getting sick less often.  This would be a good thing for sending limited class sizes back to school and on certain days.  But teachers need PPE, and they can't even get the schools to pay for all of their classroom materials so I completely understand the reluctance to return without it.  And I expect plenty of anti-mask parents writing letters to excuse their kids from wearing them for whatever reason.  

21 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

To prevent people from abusing them, making "poop posts", etc.  

We did get Webby to give us more footballs during the draft weekend so chances are we can get him to add more for big events in the future. 

So just to be clear, is it a way to discourage bad behavior that could happen on social media and other forums that have unlimited likes?

Why are you so stupid Orange County?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/507863-california-governor-says-orange-county-cant-reopen-schools-days-after%3famp

Schools that are in counties currently on the state's coronavirus watch list do not meet Newsom's criteria to reopen. That means that as of Friday, 80 percent of the state's schools cannot reopen in the fall.

Those counties include Orange County, where the education board just this week approved reopening without masks or social distancing.

Masks are also required for teachers and students in third grade and above in schools that reopen, according to Newsom. Additional requirements include physical distancing, symptom checks, hand-washing stations and increased sanitation.