Sign in to follow this  
EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

Signed: LB Jatavis Brown (1yr deal)

Position less defense incoming 

He has some rush skills so I can see him as depth and maybe a few blitz packages for him but I hope they’d be a little more picky in finding some actual starting caliber guys. 

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Kinda failed to mention his benching last year. Who knows what happened and what we have in store for him. 

21 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Kinda failed to mention his benching last year. Who knows what happened and what we have in store for him. 

Wasn't he benched because he sucked last year?

Just now, Scalamania said:

seems to be the case 

Also seems to be in the duke riley/nate gerry mold so the eagles have a type at linebacker. Still need to draft someone in the 4th or 5th.

4 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I don’t watch much Charger games, I dunno. You don’t get benched because you’re good though. Maybe a change in schematics? I read he had 15 sacks his senior year in college so he has some skills. Im sure this is depth and STs. Maybe even a blitz package. But we have little at LB. Im ok just throwing stuff at the wall for now. Clearly they aren’t putting major resources into the position. 

35 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

They signed Thomas Davis, who played 82% of the snaps this year. So maybe they were in base way more often, they sucked so teams would be running way more. if I had to guess looking at numbers.

Previous year he had the most snaps at 61% amongst their LBs. 

would need to ask a Chargers fan

From Rotoworld 

Brown was a starter in each of his first three seasons but was sent to backup duties in 2019 after the Chargers signed Thomas Davis. Only 26 years old, Brown should compete for a starting spot or end up as a high-level rotational player in Philly. When Brown was starting, he was a decently productive player, making at least 79 tackles in three-straight seasons while lining up at different spots in the Chargers' hybrid defense.

I always confuse him with the Titans Jayron Brown who is actually good....

Eagles are likely just to throw like 8 or 9 cheap bodies in at LB and see what sticks

38 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I always confuse him with the Titans Jayron Brown who is actually good....

Eagles are likely just to throw like 8 or 9 cheap bodies in at LB and see what sticks

i wouldnt expect anything else that's their M.O.

Chargers fans seem to think he had a lot of potential coming off of his rookie season. They say the dreaded chargers injury bug got him though. One fan thought he'd be signing a 4 year $40M deal by now. Worth a shot.