JLA Mafia Game Thread DAY 4

Blue

22 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Really, it ain't mean, just an observation.   I do not believe him to be a good lawyer with the ability he has shown in trying to grill me and get me to slip.  He failed.  And failed miserably. And still maintains himself to have succeeded when everyone can see he failed.  I can only assume that is how he is as a lawyer.  

If he is a good lawyer he would see that pounding a lie to get someone to slip only to see that person has not faltered, changed their story, or even hedge once would mean they are telling the truth.  Maybe he is a good lawyer with paper work, but I have not seen anything to make me believe he is a good at questioning people or developing a case (maybe I'm confusing interrogating with being a lawyer but oh well xD)

He’s literally saying that rags is a bad lawyer because of his attempt to grill him and get him to slip. 

the second part is also false. I know many many many people that did not falter, change their story or even hedge once who were outright lying. Those are not end all be all tells of a lie. 

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Hes saying that a good lawyer would be able to recognize that pickle is innocent.

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Hes saying that a good lawyer would be able to recognize that pickle is innocent.

Because he has no clue what he is talking about.  Let's say I am cross-examining a suspected criminal in a preliminary hearing.  I question, prod, poke, and see if what they say lines up with the facts, other evidence, etc.

Then you make a determination on whether to continue pressing charges or drop them.  You don't just drop charges or not question because the person says they are innocent.

In pickle's world, you shouldn't even ask questions.  His personal attack was based off of ignorance of how things actually work.

10 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Not what I was goin for, let me try again.....he is failing to connect the fact that he cant make me slip (bc I'm town and telling the truth) with the reality that it must be bc I'm town.  

Did that make more sense puddin' 

But it’s exactly what you said. 

7 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Lol I stopped after the “going so fast” comment. 

that’s exactly my point. 

if you’re telling the truth then you simply cannot slip because there is no slip to be made. 

however, you argued that he is a bad lawyer IRL because he couldn’t make you slip ....... yet if you’re telling the truth you couldn’t actually slip. 

your argument is a lie because it creates a conundrum. Your argument creates a world that rags could never be a good lawyer. 

Again if that is what I said ,how it came off, or how you read that I worded it wrong.  

It was bc he was not connecting the fact that he could not get me to slip with the reality that it is bc I am town and telling the truth.  (Yes I'm still way behind)

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Because he has no clue what he is talking about.  Let's say I am cross-examining a suspected criminal in a preliminary hearing.  I question, prod, poke, and see if what they say lines up with the facts, other evidence, etc.

Then you make a determination on whether to continue pressing charges or drop them.  You don't just drop charges or not question because the person says they are innocent.

In pickle's world, you shouldn't even ask questions.  His personal attack was based off of ignorance of how things actually work.

i agree that what pickle said in no way is relatable to what an actual lawyer does.

maybe a judge lol

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

Again if that is what I said ,how it came off, or how you read that I worded it wrong.  

It was bc he was not connecting the fact that he could not get me to slip with the reality that it is bc I am town and telling the truth.  (Yes I'm still way behind)

Except in no way, shape or form could anybody ever truly come to that conclusion based on those events. 

9 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

So you didn’t miss it then, you just don’t agree that it’s a red letter? 

I missed it originally until malf told me to look at the post below.  Do I need to go qoute you where I got it like 30+ minutes ago (seems like it was that long ago, everything is running together)

be back later and hopefully dome gets on to clear things up

actions (In this order)

1. @Dome says whether his vote on Dingo is based on a night move. But nothing else.

2. @DingoLadd fully claims everything and what he did

3. after hearing dingo, dome can reanalyze whether dingo can be town knowing this new info and what his night action said

Edited by Malfatron

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

I missed it originally until malf told me to look at the post below.  Do I need to go qoute you where I got it like 30+ minutes ago (seems like it was that long ago, everything is running together)

So why is it twice now that you’ve stated “and people are pushing me bc I didn’t agree it was a red letter”