College Football 25

Ty21

13 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Any PS5 players interested in doing an online dynasty ?

I made a thread to start organizing it a few threads down. Not sure if I'm getting in on Xbox or PlayStation. Hoping that in future years they bring us cross play.

This game looks awesome. Very RARE for EA to release a detailed gameplay trailer. They haven’t done that for Madden since Madden 10 (because they know the product is ****). 

What console you guys getting it for? I’m debating what console to buy. IMO Series X has slightly better graphics… but the Xbox user interface sucks compared to PS5’s. I think PS5 Pro is what I need in my life, but probably coming out 4 months after this game. 

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

This game looks awesome. Very RARE for EA to release a detailed gameplay trailer. They haven’t done that for Madden since Madden 10 (because they know the product is ****). 

What console you guys getting it for? I’m debating what console to buy. IMO Series X has slightly better graphics… but the Xbox user interface sucks compared to PS5’s. I think PS5 Pro is what I need in my life, but probably coming out 4 months after this game. 

Gonna be weighing my options based on who here's going with what system I think. A bit torn.

Damn I'm hyped for this now! Can't wait to hear about dynasty. Thanks for dropping these alternatives. The Bengal one was really good. 

On 6/1/2024 at 5:06 PM, Danger said:

Can't stand his voice, but there are a few alternatives:

Hide contents

The EricRayweather and Bengal videos were good, although, they are all basically the same exact video, with a script given by EA no doubt. Eric was def reading from a provided script lol. 

Agree with another poster, the voice of the video posted I couldn't finish. You either have the voice or you don't. 

• Like 1

On 6/2/2024 at 5:54 PM, Tank4Drake said:

Definitely PS5. Better games, and the majority of Xbox exclusives are coming to PS5

Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2024 at 5:54 PM, Tank4Drake said:

There really isn't a wrong answer, if this game is your driver.  I went PS5 for the exclusives, at the time. My bias isn't strong though. Either is a fine choice.  MLB The Show was part of what pushed me that way, when they first released, but now it's on both consoles. I believe XBox even has offered it Day 1 on Gamepass the past 2 years.

The difference between the two console versions is going to be negligible.  I don't think they develop for a particular console and then port to the other, how they used to.  At least it didn't sound that way from the information I've seen/heard.  I would just base it off of exclusives that interest you more and then what the majority of your friends have. Some of the exclusives are even being offered on the opposing consoles/PC, on a few year delay in Sony's case.

PS5 controller has some pretty cool features, but I'm not sure how much they're going to be utilized in this game. It seems their exclusives are the ones that lean into the controller the most, which makes sense.  XBox has Gamepass, that seems to be superior to what PS offers with their PS+ subscription levels, but Sony does at least offer something in that space now, too.  If you have a PC that you game on, I'd absolutely go PS5, as you could get the XBox Gamepass advantage on the PC, if that's what you wanted.  

I would guess that PS5 would have a larger online community for online dynasties, but I don't know that for a fact.  It sounds like crossplay is their plan for the near future, so '25 maybe the only version that would even matter for.  I'm sure that stores/PS will have some kind of trade-in deal involving the base consoles for the PS Pro if you wanted to go that route, and then upgrade when the Pro comes out.  Would be a little more expensive than patience, but you're at least getting to play the game vs waiting months to potentially save a little money.  If you're purchasing a console solely for this game, I doubt the wait is going to be worth the money saved, if you aren't stretching too thin to make the purchase.  I've never made the mid console generation jumps, so I can't really speak on how worth it upgrading at a loss actually even is.  

Edited by OkeyDoke21
  • Like 1

I’m down for Online Dynasties. I have not done an online franchise since Madden 12 on PS3. I was also the ORIGINAL PS3 Online Franchise on PS3. This was the first year Online Franchise came out, and it was Madden 10. I had a website called ps3franchise.com which showed the schedules, league stats, etc, we had a forum and chatroom, and we had 32 owners with monitored trades. It was a lot of work. This was before I had a full time job. Had to give it up in Madden 12 due to work. 

Hardest part was there was always like 3-4 games out of 16 that would go almost unplayed, and I’d have to message/text both parties. On average, we only had like two simulations a week. 

3 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

There really isn't a wrong answer, if this game is your driver.  I went PS5 for the exclusives, at the time. My bias isn't strong though. Either is a fine choice.  MLB The Show was part of what pushed me that way, when they first released, but now it's on both consoles. I believe XBox even has offered it Day 1 on Gamepass the past 2 years.

The difference between the two console versions is going to be negligible.  I don't think they develop for a particular console and then port to the other, how they used to.  At least it didn't sound that way from the information I've seen/heard.  I would just base it off of exclusives that interest you more and then what the majority of your friends have. Some of the exclusives are even being offered on the opposing consoles/PC, on a few year delay in Sony's case.

PS5 controller has some pretty cool features, but I'm not sure how much they're going to be utilized in this game. It seems their exclusives are the ones that lean into the controller the most, which makes sense.  XBox has Gamepass, that seems to be superior to what PS offers with their PS+ subscription levels, but Sony does at least offer something in that space now, too.  If you have a PC that you game on, I'd absolutely go PS5, as you could get the XBox Gamepass advantage on the PC, if that's what you wanted.  

I would guess that PS5 would have a larger online community for online dynasties, but I don't know that for a fact.  It sounds like crossplay is their plan for the near future, so '25 maybe the only version that would even matter for.  I'm sure that stores/PS will have some kind of trade-in deal involving the base consoles for the PS Pro if you wanted to go that route, and then upgrade when the Pro comes out.  Would be a little more expensive than patience, but you're at least getting to play the game vs waiting months to potentially save a little money.  If you're purchasing a console solely for this game, I doubt the wait is going to be worth the money saved, if you aren't stretching too thin to make the purchase.  I've never made the mid console generation jumps, so I can't really speak on how worth it upgrading at a loss actually even is.  

Great writeup. I have a Series S but I think it’s time to upgrade. I’ve been a PlayStation guy my whole life. PS1-PS4 owner. I wanted to give Microsoft a chance this time. And I do think Microsoft has some good things going for them. No matter what people say, I think games look 10-15% better on Series X, especially 2K games. The side by side comparisons are noticeable. This is probably because Series X has more graphic power. X-Box also has Gamepass which is cool. I also think the Series X looks a lot cooler than the PS5. 

PS5 though, has an amazing User Interface and User Experience compared to the Xbox. Xbox’s User Interface feels so lifeless and dull… much like Windows 11 compared to Apple. 

Also PS5 is just…. Home…

Also seems PS5 has better input lag, although not really noticeable.

Leaning towards a PS5 and keeping the Series S as my 1080p Gamepass Machine. 

Once the PS5 Pro comes out, I don’t think there’s much of a reason to go Microsoft over Sony. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Great writeup. I have a Series S but I think it’s time to upgrade. I’ve been a PlayStation guy my whole life. PS1-PS4 owner. I wanted to give Microsoft a chance this time. And I do think Microsoft has some good things going for them. No matter what people say, I think games look 10-15% better on Series X, especially 2K games. The side by side comparisons are noticeable. This is probably because Series X has more graphic power. X-Box also has Gamepass which is cool. I also think the Series X looks a lot cooler than the PS5. 

PS5 though, has an amazing User Interface and User Experience compared to the Xbox. Xbox’s User Interface feels so lifeless and dull… much like Windows 11 compared to Apple. 

Also PS5 is just…. Home…

Also seems PS5 has better input lag, although not really noticeable.

Leaning towards a PS5 and keeping the Series S as my 1080p Gamepass Machine. 

Once the PS5 Pro comes out, I don’t think there’s much of a reason to go Microsoft over Sony. 

Oh, I didn't realize you already had a Series S.  You could definitely just keep that as your gamepass machine.  I thought you were just jumping into this gen. I've been the same way with the consoles.  I've had both at different times in different gens, but the PS always felt more like home to me, too.  I had split parents, so as a kid, I'd try to have the different console of that gen at the parent's house to try an capitalize on both worlds lol.  Was a fan of the OG XBox just for how unique and fresh it felt, but still liked the PS2 a little more.  360 era I was pretty much exclusively Microsoft, but the past 2 gens, I've only owned Playstations. 

You could buy the game for both systems too, and just wait for the Pro.  The price of the game is probably about what you'd be out in the trade in idea, any way.  Getting the game for Series S, playing it while you wait for the PS Pro and then buying the game for the Pro, when it will have come down in price by then, is a solid option.  Then you don't even have to worry about moving files from your PS5 to a Pro.  Going from the Series S straight to the Pro will probably make it feel like a bigger jump, too.  

Edited by OkeyDoke21
  • Like 1

love that they're adding cool features that I never thought they needed. For example, the turbo no huddle feature. I remember watching Tennessee offense and thinking it would be cool to be that fast in a game, but never thought EA needed to add that. It's refreshing to be surprised in a good way 

• Like 1