College Football 25

Ty21

I don't have an Xbox simply because of Microsofts own strategy with video games, all Microsoft titles are released on PC same day as Xbox and I have a $3000+ gaming PC so I have no need to for an Xbox.

Previous generations I always had both Xbox and PlayStation.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

It would be interesting to see the difference in sales for NBA 2k8 vs NBA 2k24 though.  2K itself wasn't as big at the time.  Their brand would move more games now than they did in 2007, and there is no March Madness to syphon off sales.  They'd be the lone act.  I wouldn't be surprised if they did go for it, after seeing how it looks like football is going to sell, but I'm also aware this is as much we wanting to will it into existence as it is based in reality lol.   

Agreed, 2K was so different back then when it was competing with NBA live and the two college basketball games were competing.  Now if one of them made it and not the other it would help the sales I'm sure.  

Also, 2K has had a small March Madness element to their games recently were you pick a school and play in the tournament before getting drafted in the MyPlayer mode, so they could just build on that foundation.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

That information seems to exist actually - sorta. $2 million in sales (2K9) vs $10 million (2K22)

I'm assuming that is the number of games sold and not a dollar figure?    

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Agreed, 2K was so different back then when it was competing with NBA live and the two college basketball games were competing.  Now if one of them made it and not the other it would help the sales I'm sure.  

Also, 2K has had a small March Madness element to their games recently were you pick a school and play in the tournament before getting drafted in the MyPlayer mode, so they could just build on that foundation.  

Yeah, they're in a totally different spot than they were then.  It looks like the recent NBA games have been doing 5-7 times the sales they were in the time they made 2k8 just glancing at VGchartz, not to mention how much they're making from their micotransactions.  That number has to be pretty substantial and wasn't a revenue stream they had back then.

I doubt College Hoops would see that same 5-7 multiplier, outside of maybe that first year, just due to international interest, and the lack thereof for US collegiate sports.  That said, I don't think it's crazy to think they'd move 3-4x the copies they were selling in 2007 though.  I just don't think they could make near as much in the online space that they do on NBA.  Unless they figured out some way to tie the MyCareer-esque spheres together.  They aren't going to want to sink the same amount of resources into the College MyCareer as they have the NBA, and that's their breadwinner that keeps the money rolling year round. 

Edited by OkeyDoke21

Just remember guys… be cautious of the hype. All of these YouTubers have sponsorships with EA. EA is known to pull sponsorships after a really critical video. Bengal, EricRayweather, almost all of these guys, do have a professional relationship with EA. Heck, they were even flown to hotels to test out the game. You’re not gonna wanna bash the game when EA is spending money on you and sponsoring you. I’m just saying, all this hype is manufactured. 

With that said, I’m buying it regardless. First college game in 10 years. Just wouldn’t be shocked if it sucks. 

Apparently you CANNOT edit player attributes of non created players, nor player names. Yikes. This is like the first thing I do...

You also won't be able to use Create a Player of players who opted out such as Arch Manning, the name will be blocked. 

3 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

You also won't be able to use Create a Player of players who opted out such as Arch Manning, the name will be blocked. 

Elle Fanning it is.

4 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

Elle Fanning it is.

Create-A-Player is not even confirmed yet outside of Team Building and Road to Glory. 

If they leave out Create-A-Player, the reviews are gonna get wrecked, and wrecked hard. 

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

Just remember guys… be cautious of the hype. All of these YouTubers have sponsorships with EA. EA is known to pull sponsorships after a really critical video. Bengal, EricRayweather, almost all of these guys, do have a professional relationship with EA. Heck, they were even flown to hotels to test out the game. You’re not gonna wanna bash the game when EA is spending money on you and sponsoring you. I’m just saying, all this hype is manufactured. 

With that said, I’m buying it regardless. First college game in 10 years. Just wouldn’t be shocked if it sucks. 

Bengal has been critical of Madden, especially after the game’s release talking about what frustrates him during gameplay.

Eric hasn’t been as critical, most of his criticisms are parroting things he’s heard from other people and acknowledging if he experienced the same things. 

Both of them were very vocal during the #FixFranchise fiasco 

6 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Bengal has been critical of Madden, especially after the game’s release talking about what frustrates him during gameplay.

Eric hasn’t been as critical, most of his criticisms are parroting things he’s heard from other people and acknowledging if he experienced the same things. 

Both of them were very vocal during the #FixFranchise fiasco 

Still both on EA’s payroll. Gotta criticize sometimes to not look like a homer. 

18 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Still both on EA’s payroll. Gotta criticize sometimes to not look like a homer. 

Not homer, collaborator. Homer implies they don’t criticize at all. Collaborator implies they use constructive criticism rather than taking pot shots at EA. 

34 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Not homer, collaborator. Homer implies they don’t criticize at all. Collaborator implies they use constructive criticism rather than taking pot shots at EA. 

If you were getting paid bare minimum 5-10k a month from a sponsor, where you are allowed to criticize kindly, but EA is known to pull the plug if you over criticize, that you are really getting an objective point of view?