College Football 25

Ty21

21 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Who cares if you can't create or edit players lol

Whats the point of NOT allowing it aside from taking control out of gamers hands and probably pushing microtransactions for upgrades?   Its been allowed in nearly every EA sports game for the last 20 or so years.

There are plenty of reasons for wanting it.   Most notably, if it has similar issues to earlier NCAA games, generated player names can be pretty silly and ratings are often done very poorly.    Pretty safe to say there will still be similar issues in this game given its EA.

Edited by 43M

20 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

This. What a silly thing to be up in arms about. Of course they weren’t going to let people edit players, the whole reason the game was shut down in the past was a lawsuit on player likeness.

EA and the NCAA were the ones using player likeness of college players and using everything about the players except their names without compensating players.    But thats been completely addressed, so your excuse holds zero weight.

You can shill for them all you want, but EA is infamous for this.   Taking features out and then putting the back in years later.   

12 minutes ago, 43M said:

EA and the NCAA were the ones using player likeness of college players and using everything about the players except their names without compensating players.    But thats been completely addressed, so your excuse holds zero weight.

You can shill for them all you want, but EA is infamous for this.   Taking features out and then putting the back in years later.   

Oh give me a break. I criticize EAs game all the time. I absolutely do not care about the ability to edit players. I never once edited players in NCAA 14. I never edit players in Madden. The only games I edit players in is NBA 2k and that’s because you can visually see them running up and down the court. Who cares what a player looks like when the helmets are on? 

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

When someone downloads the game tomorrow, can you come here and tell us if you can create a player regularly and bring them into Dynasty?

I'll do that... game will be available at 4 est

• Like 1

I don't think it's a big deal, but not being able to create new players if just a strange decision IMO. I understand not being able to edit existing players. 

Doesn't move the needle for me honestly.

3 minutes ago, adamq said:

Hahah if you want the full 3 day early access, you have to pony up an extra $30- a 43% price hike. Oh and some bonus MUT nonsense. Am I missing anything?

If you preorder the college and madden package you get a discount and early access to both 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

I know others who have gotten games for cheap like this in the past, but no chance you’re getting it on release day, 1-2 week wait wouldn’t be shocking. 

Correct, I saw the same deal & estimated time of arrival was July 26th for me

4 hours ago, adamq said:

Hahah if you want the full 3 day early access, you have to pony up an extra $30- a 43% price hike. Oh and some bonus MUT nonsense. Am I missing anything?

I just got it since I’m splitting it with my dad

Not sure it’d be worth it otherwise at that cost, even with the Gamepass/EAplay discount.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Oh give me a break. I criticize EAs game all the time. I absolutely do not care about the ability to edit players. I never once edited players in NCAA 14. I never edit players in Madden. The only games I edit players in is NBA 2k and that’s because you can visually see them running up and down the court. Who cares what a player looks like when the helmets are on? 

Who cares what a player looks like? What matters is editing attributes. Or creating a player from scratch. Are you one of those suckers that actually pays for XP when you can just manually edit it? 

12 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Game is 39.99 for Series X and PS5 right now on QVC plus 5.99 shipping. $24 off. 

I just made the purchase. I’ll let you know if it ends up being a scam. QVC is a pretty big company though. 

Seems to be for first time QVC orders only, that's the catch