College Football 25

Ty21

52 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Probably. Which makes me wonder how much AWARENESS matters..... cause I always need to move positions lol

It matters quite a bit on defenders IMO.  Secondary players will be out of position or bite on play action.  Same with Linebackers.  Dlineman not so much, they mostly just charge forward, except for maybe defending the option.  

Offense, probably not as much of an impact.  QB it really doesn't matter at all, same with RB as you basically always control these guys.  Release and route running probably impact WRs actions more.  Olineman, maybe?  Not really sure on that one.  

On 12/7/2017 at 8:04 AM, MikeT14 said:

I'd like to hear you all's recruiting tips.

For me, if I have a recruit that I am in the lead for, I don't give them any points and just ride out whatever the bonus is.

I base everything around the week to week movement, and adjust accordingly. Guys who I'm falling behind with despite giving max pts, I give up on. When I'm in the lead and 2nd place is losing points, I slowly spend less pts until they either commit or the 2nd place team starts gaining ground. Another thing I do is that usually, around week 10 maybe, I start having points to spare and use it on random guys not being recruited. There will always be 4 stars, sometimes even 5 stars, that are not being recruited (sub 20% interest), and that's where I throw my extra pts at. Even if the bonuses are almost non-existent, you'd be surprised that you can lure some of these guys.

I find recruiting a bit too easy/unrealistic once you figure out the "game" and how to play it, but it can be very fun to set self imposed rules. Last time I did a ground up dynasty (starting as DC at 1 star school, then getting HC at small school, then P5 bottom feeder, then major school), some of my self imposed rules were no over-recruiting, so if I only have 11 seniors, I would only recruit 13 players (2 player buffer in case of transfers, buffer increased to 4 players once I've reached the point where I'm consistently putting kids in NFL and having early entrants, players projected in 1st I let leave), and no recruiting 5 stars for 1 or 2 prestige schools, only a single 5 star for 3 or 4 prestige schools, and up to three 5 stars for 5 or 6 prestige schools.

Such a great game, might have to get back into now after talking about it... The only reason I'm not always actively playing it is the fact it's not backwards compatible and my 360 is so old and loud.

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I base everything around the week to week movement, and adjust accordingly. Guys who I'm falling behind with despite giving max pts, I give up on. When I'm in the lead and 2nd place is losing points, I slowly spend less pts until they either commit or the 2nd place team starts gaining ground. Another thing I do is that usually, around week 10 maybe, I start having points to spare and use it on random guys not being recruited. There will always be 4 stars, sometimes even 5 stars, that are not being recruited (sub 20% interest), and that's where I throw my extra pts at. Even if the bonuses are almost non-existent, you'd be surprised that you can lure some of these guys.

I find recruiting a bit too easy/unrealistic once you figure out the "game" and how to play it, but it can be very fun to set self imposed rules. Last time I did a ground up dynasty (starting as DC at 1 star school, then getting HC at small school, then P5 bottom feeder, then major school), some of my self imposed rules were no over-recruiting, so if I only have 11 seniors, I would only recruit 13 players (2 player buffer in case of transfers, buffer increased to 4 players once I've reached the point where I'm consistently putting kids in NFL and having early entrants, players projected in 1st I let leave), and no recruiting 5 stars for 1 or 2 prestige schools, only a single 5 star for 3 or 4 prestige schools, and up to three 5 stars for 5 or 6 prestige schools.

Such a great game, might have to get back into now after talking about it... The only reason I'm not always actively playing it is the fact it's not backwards compatible and my 360 is so old and loud.

Not sure I agree with this strategy.  I've always found it best to put max points in a guy, that way hopefully you can get them to commit earlier and then move all of those points on to the next guy.  

34 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Not sure I agree with this strategy.  I've always found it best to put max points in a guy, that way hopefully you can get them to commit earlier and then move all of those points on to the next guy.  

It generally becomes pretty evident what guys are being recruited hard and which have been given up by everyone. To be more clear, I employ this strategy once a decent buffer between me and 2nd place is there, (~500), or a week to week change that shows me I am the only one interested. It is definitely riskier approach, spreading your points more thin and leaving more to singing day, but it usually pays off. They will take longer to commit, but I've rarely, if ever, lost a guy I had a ~4000 pt lead on during that final offseason recruiting (and usually that's when the guys I started recruiting less and less, to the point where I'm maybe only giving 200 pts, commit).

14 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

It generally becomes pretty evident what guys are being recruited hard and which have been given up by everyone. To be more clear, I employ this strategy once a decent buffer between me and 2nd place is there, (~500), or a week to week change that shows me I am the only one interested. It is definitely riskier approach, spreading your points more thin and leaving more to singing day, but it usually pays off. They will take longer to commit, but I've rarely, if ever, lost a guy I had a ~4000 pt lead on during that final offseason recruiting (and usually that's when the guys I started recruiting less and less, to the point where I'm maybe only giving 200 pts, commit).

Ya but if you put all your points in guys early and get them signed you can roll into signing day with 20+ recruits already committed.  

I usually don’t pull points off of recruits. By the time I get to Signing Day I typically only have 1 guy and occasionally 2-3 that I’m really interested in that haven’t signed.

I started a 1* UAB dynasty. Team is a 74 overall with no special players and an injury prone starting QB. Started off 3-0 and the 4th game of the season was against 3-1 Vanderbilt. Rather superior team rated at 84 overall. I scored on the opening possession and led all the way until midway through the 4th. Then on 3rd & 5 in the redzone my backup QB fumbles and Vandy picks it up and takes it for a TD plus the 2pt. They go up 20-14 with 3:45 left. I drive down the field and score on a 3yd run with 36 seconds left and take a 21-20 lead. Sacked Vandy on 4th down with 3 seconds left in the game to seal it with the good ole victory formation.  

Edited by Neumatic
  • Like 1

Finished my first season with UAB at 11-2 with a Hawaii Bowl Win over New Mexico. Finished #24 in the final AP Top 25 Polls. In my first week being ranked #24 I was dismantled by a 5-7 Southern Miss team 30-16. Ultimately it didn’t have any effect on my Conference standing as my other loss was to Florida International who won my division and the Conference Title. Pretty good season as I was thinking I’d lose 4 games or so but I pulled out some tough W’s. Will schedule some tougher OOC games the next season and likely end up with a worst record overall but I think I can win the conference.

Check out this 3 Star OLB that committed to my team. He is hands down the best true freshman 3 star recruit Iv ever had commit to any of my teams. I was going to upload a picture so I didnt have to type this out but apparently it’s not my day.

*** OLB ERIC DIGGS 6’1” 235lbs 

79 Overall

85 Speed, 79 Strength, 72 Agility                                                         99 Acceleration, 83 Jumping, 85 Stamina

78 Tackle, 87 Hit Power, 80 Pursuit, 75 Play Rec.

77 Power Moves, Finesse Moves & Block Shed

64 Man, 67 Zone, 71 Press

Edited by Neumatic

14 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

Finished my first season with UAB at 11-2 with a Hawaii Bowl Win over New Mexico. Finished #24 in the final AP Top 25 Polls. In my first week being ranked #24 I was dismantled by a 5-7 Southern Miss team 30-16. Ultimately it didn’t have any effect on my Conference standing as my other loss was to Florida International who won my division and the Conference Title. Pretty good season as I was thinking I’d lose 4 games or so but I pulled out some tough W’s. Will schedule some tougher OOC games the next season and likely end up with a worst record overall but I think I can win the conference.

Check out this 3 Star OLB that committed to my team. He is hands down the best true freshman 3 star recruit Iv ever had commit to any of my teams. I was going to upload a picture so I didnt have to type this out but apparently it’s not my day.

*** OLB ERIC DIGGS 6’1” 235lbs 

79 Overall

85 Speed, 79 Strength, 72 Agility                                                         99 Acceleration, 83 Jumping, 85 Stamina

78 Tackle, 87 Hit Power, 80 Pursuit, 75 Play Rec.

77 Power Moves, Finesse Moves & Block Shed

64 Man, 67 Zone, 71 Press

Dang.  With that speed he can probably play SS.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Dang.  With that speed he can probably play SS.

On this team for sure. Would be a killer for a safety playing in the box. That acceleration is rediculous, would make up for a slight lack of speed for a SS. But I’m probably going to play him at OLB, I landed some great JUCO guys in the secondary and even landed a 5* #2 ATH that projects to be a stud FS or CB.

1 minute ago, Neumatic said:

On this team for sure. Would be a killer for a safety playing in the box. That acceleration is rediculous, would make up for a slight lack of speed for a SS. But I’m probably going to play him at OLB, I landed some great JUCO guys in the secondary and even landed a 5* #2 ATH that projects to be a stud FS or CB.

How's the Press Coverage rating on that ATH?  If he has 75+ Press i'd probably play him at CB.  Otherwise go FS.  

• Ty21 changed the title to College Football 25