FFMD ll 20’- San Francisco 49ers Front Office

Scoundrel

The guy is just so beautiful...

Hello Super Bowl competitors. Congrats on the great season, by the way. 

I know that we probably don't have the pieces to make a move for this guy. He's one of my favorite players in the draft, and I guess I'd feel like a traitor if I didn't at least inquire about his availability. I'm also not sure exactly what we have that may interest you. (Jarrad Davis is a guy that a lot of Lions' fans dislike: former mid-1st round pick that can apply occasional pressure and is solid against the run. Great speed, good leader, struggles in coverage. So, of course, we had him playing a bunch of coverage.) I'm not sure what other positions are a need for the 49ers.

Just thought I'd stop by.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

15 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

The guy is just so beautiful...

Hello Super Bowl competitors. Congrats on the great season, by the way. 

I know that we probably don't have the pieces to make a move for this guy. He's one of my favorite players in the draft, and I guess I'd feel like a traitor if I didn't at least inquire about his availability. I'm also not sure exactly what we have that may interest you. (Jarrad Davis is a guy that a lot of Lions' fans dislike: former mid-1st round pick that can apply occasional pressure and is solid against the run. Great speed, good leader, struggles in coverage. So, of course, we had him playing a bunch of coverage.) I'm not sure what other positions are a need for the 49ers.

Just thought I'd stop by.

Wouldn't need linebackers; we have Greenlaw, Kwon and Warner. Tough to think on roster players that would be interesting at this point. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Wouldn't need linebackers; we have Greenlaw, Kwon and Warner. Tough to think on roster players that would be interesting at this point. 

Yeah, I'm having a hard time selling anyone - anyone - that I think you'd have interested in. It's that bad.

Thanks for the talks. He'd just be another reason that I pull for the 9ers.

23 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I don't hate the pick. Would rather have gone IOL, but didn't get in here soon enough to say. That's alright. There is more to come. Thanks for the effort, guys. 

There is something brewing that might make that a possibility. Honestly don't think Shanahan values guards that high to spend a first on one.

Edited by Justone2

The more we sit, the happier I am with AJ. Rough start to the year, but finished strong, and I like his play against NFL caliber players. 2 years ago, he really did some work on Scharping in the game against NIU. This year, he played his best against the best opponents. USC and Austin Jackson? 2.5 sacks. Sack against ranked wisonsin and that line. 2 and a half sacks against a top 10 Minnesota team at the time. Sacks against both Penn State and Michigan. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

The more we sit, the happier I am with AJ. Rough start to the year, but finished strong, and I like his play against NFL caliber players. 2 years ago, he really did some work on Scharping in the game against NIU. This year, he played his best against the best opponents. USC and Austin Jackson? 2.5 sacks. Sack against ranked wisonsin and that line. 2 and a half sacks against a top 10 Minnesota team at the time. Sacks against both Penn State and Michigan. 

No doubt. Epenesa is really good. It would not surprise me though to see him fall due to his lackluster combine numbers in some areas. 

I also like Lynch out of Baylor. He gave OU's Oline fits.

2 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

No doubt. Epenesa is really good. It would not surprise me though to see him fall due to his lackluster combine numbers in some areas. 

I also like Lynch out of Baylor. He gave OU's Oline fits.

FTR, there's a better than decent chance that we don't keep Epenesa. He was the top guy on our board, and we also wanted to move down. So we offered him to teams that wanted to draft him and only him and have been working on one trade since. 

3 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

You have a point. But what about C?

I think with Richburg there, it's not really a thought. If you draft a center, he's still likely playing guard for  the next two years. So you're ostensibly drafting a guard who has the ability to play center in case of injury

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think with Richburg there, it's not really a thought. If you draft a center, he's still likely playing guard for  the next two years. So you're ostensibly drafting a guard who has the ability to play center in case of injury

We sure Richburg comes back from his injury? Feel like people just expect him to return but I'm really not sure and not sure if he will be the same player. Ruiz would be a pretty damn good pick as he can play C from the get go if Richburg doesn't recover and if not, you can have him compete at RG. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

We sure Richburg comes back from his injury? Feel like people just expect him to return but I'm really not sure and not sure if he will be the same player. Ruiz would be a pretty damn good pick as he can play C from the get go if Richburg doesn't recover and if not, you can have him compete at RG. 

Ruiz is gone. 

But I'm assuming the team is comfortable moving forward with Richburg given that they restructured his deal. That was one of the reasons he would have been one of the last players I would have done that with though. I don't think the team is planning on playing this season without Richburg in the middle, so I don't think that center as a specific position will be a priority add 

55 minutes ago, Forge said:

Ruiz is gone. 

But I'm assuming the team is comfortable moving forward with Richburg given that they restructured his deal. That was one of the reasons he would have been one of the last players I would have done that with though. I don't think the team is planning on playing this season without Richburg in the middle, so I don't think that center as a specific position will be a priority add 

I agree with you about richburg. For some reason we are tying ourselves to him so its pretty clear we intend to keep him. Not the player I would have done that with considering the injury history. Garland back means we are probably fine there for the most part. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I agree. Hes an all around solid DE who can play multiple positions if need be. He is bosa/AA insurance. He also lets AA play some 3t on base downs in case solly isnt up to it full time. that way we can use ford more in a SAM role as well. 

Its a great fit all around. Probably a better fit than Kinlaw tbh. Probably better in year 1 but lower ceiling overall. 

The fact that two-three teams have asked us about trading him after we drafted him says something. 

7 hours ago, Justone2 said:

With the 31st pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.

The San Francisco 49ers select:

Patriots news: Todd McShay has New England taking pass rusher A.J. ...

AJ Epenesa, 4-3DE, Iowa.

Time expired and this is the guy both teams we where in taks with wanted along with him being top of my board and i also think high for Forge and N4L.

Epenesa will fill the Armstead role where i see him as a base edge and interior rusher. Could also rush from the edge in certain packages. Just a versatile pass rusher with a strong punch.

giphy.gif