FFMD ll 20’- San Francisco 49ers Front Office

Scoundrel

10 minutes ago, N4L said:

I told tampa we might be interested in trading down considering they have three 2s now. asked if they wanted a corner potentially. They said no because they have three young promising ones. I disagree. Asked about a S and got no response.

stfwiw

I asked Minnesota if they were interested in spoon or Breida since they need corners and traded Cooks and have a bazillion picks now

• Like 1

Wow, the raiders traded pick 19 for 2021 first and second round picks. So they basically just gave away a first round pick for the purposes of this game.

Don't think I've seen that before for a pick that high. Obviously in real life I'd do that on a heartbeat, but I don't think a team like Carolina is ever going that IRL, so kind of kills the realism of such deals. Just allowed Carolina to get a free pick to make for the heck of it lol

San Francisco 49ers: 15th Overall: Henry Ruggs III: A-

Speaking of masterful board management....

9ers did great here. Lots of voices in that war room and they manage it very well.
It's no secret San Fran needs extra ammo in those mid rounds and they gain some here...as well as a consensus top 3 WR in Ruggs. 
Deebo and Ruggs is a gut punch for the rest of the NFC and with few holes on their roster this is a luxury pick. It's hard to hate on at all. And believe me, I really tried. 

Nice

• Like 1

Just now, PR said:

Mosley available?

Probably a guy that falls through the cracks. More valuable to us than the price teams would be willing to give up for him. We aren't going to ship him off for a fourth when he's basically a starter for us, but I assume most teams aren't going to jump at the prospect of giving up a second

Just now, Forge said:

Probably a guy that falls through the cracks. More valuable to us than the price teams would be willing to give up for him. We aren't going to ship him off for a fourth when he's basically a starter for us, but I assume most teams aren't going to jump at the prospect of giving up a second

I'd meet you in the middle and give you a 3rd pick 99. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Also @N4L

I have some thoughts. 

1) IRL, trading a young team controlled, cheap, proven starter is not a good idea. Moseley was very good last year, there is no replacement for real, NFL playoff experience either. The dude is a really good tackler. He played very well. Can't say enough good things 

2) on the other hand, trading a UDFA after they preformed well in a very limited sample size for a mid round pick (99 is still a comp 3rd) is good business, generally. I mean, Moseley could completely fall off a cliff this year. Wouldn't be the first UDFA to have one good season then fade. I don't believe moseley will, he was so fundamentally sound I don't think that suddenly goes away unless he gets full of himself, which seems unlikely because he does have to beat out a super talented player for snaps...

3) which brings me to Witherspoon. I believe in the guy. He was very good early in the season but then fell into some bad habits and then couldn't get back on track. Trading Moseley means spoon has no room for error. He can't slip like he did against Minnesota in the playoffs. Seemed like if one play went wrong, the wheels fell off. That can't happen in the playoffs again. 

Trading EMAN would mean we believe in spoon for 2020. 

4) We DO have the best pass rush in the NFL. So adding a corner to that should be easy, wouldn't you say?

Having this as an option would open the door to drafting a CB at 31. If this trade was there for us at 17 I bet we pull the trigger then take henderson over ruggs in this game. So, unfortunate this trade offer didn't come sooner.

SO it comes down to corner at 31 + my favorite player in the entire draft at 99, OR someone else at 31. 

That's the thing, this is a game. Having an extra pick is fun. I don't mind trading eman, rolling with spoon, then drafting someone high to replace sherm in 2021 makes sense. Henderson was that guy though lol then we could have gone wr at 31. 

I was the one that originally threw out Moseleys name in the bucs forum, so I am open for the right price, just because this is a game for fun. Is pick #99 good enough to make me forget that was Buckner's number? Lol what team is @PR representing anyways 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I wouldn't give Mose up for anything less than a 2nd rd pick, tbh. We need him for the deep stretch SB run. 

/2cents

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Pass on trading Moseley, unless we drafted a corner at #31?

Trading Moseley would pretty much mean going Corner at either 31 or one of the thirds depending on how the board falls. Going into the season with only Spoon and Sherman as outside corners doesn't seem like the best idea to me.

With Moseley while he was good for most of his time starting i am always a bit hesitant with CB. Remember how we all looked at Spoon after his first half year. Getting a third rounder for a guys that was a UDFA two years and really only played half a season. Its two sided really.

Edited by Justone2
  • Like 1