Draft szn rumors

bucsfan333

26 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Which is how the good organizations usually operate anyway. I think the biggest hang-up with this whole process for teams is not being able to get guys into their building to have face/face meetings with them and read them. It's a lot easier to tell if someone is full of it in a face/face setting than over the phone... 

Agreed. Though I think the Combine, the bucs were actually able to meet with several prospects and at the Post season all Star games. So atleast that helped them a bit. Facetime calls - ehh it's something but face to face is a better evaluation. 

absolutely. i just dont value running backs unless they are Kamara and CMC good. is Taylor on that level? i dont see the receiving ability but who knows. Swift i see that in but he also shares similar concerns...

any chance we trade for Jamal Adams?

Edited by indifference
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Fumbling is easily fixable.

It's not the same as INTs. 

I don t doubt SR when it comes to Bucs draft under Licht.  Taylor arguably is the most athletic prospect at RB with production to match.  He gets loose in the open field, not sure too many guys will be able to run him down.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, indifference said:

any chance we trade for Jamal Adams?

Would take a first and then some. And then a big contract.

Can we better improve the roster with Adams or a few draft picks and available cap space?

The draft is a crapshoot. And Adams is proven.

It's tough to say. But I'd be surprised if we did it.

Just now, ravishingone said:

I don t doubt SR when it comes to Bucs draft under Licht.  Taylor arguably is the most athletic prospect at RB with production to match.  He gets loose in the open field, not sure too many guys will be able to run him down.  

He's my number one. I hope we get him somehow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

You know Licht has his eye on some small school OL to draft.  Move back a little, get an extra 3rd, draft Taylor makes a lot of sense.

I remember PR saying we were really high on Josh Jones back during one of the offseason bowl games. And BA said he had five or six OTs he really liked.

SR's idea of trading back and taking Jones makes a lot of sense to me. Then use the extra pick(s) to move up to 25ish for Taylor (like we once did for Doug Martin).

RT and RB are our two biggest needs. Leaving day one of the draft with both spots taken care of would be cool with me.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I remember PR saying we were really high on Josh Jones back during one of the offseason bowl games. And BA said he had five or six OTs he really liked.

SR's idea of trading back and taking Jones makes a lot of sense to me. Then use the extra pick(s) to move up to 25ish for Taylor (like we once did for Doug Martin).

RT and RB are our two biggest needs. Leaving day one of the draft with both spots taken care of would be cool with me.

Makes sense, SR been like a dog with a bone throughout draft season with Taylor.  

I just wonder how high they are on Haeg.  Are they higher on any of the big 4, then a pairing of Taylor and Haeg?  The great unknown.   I guess which scenerio helps Brady the most.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

I just wonder how high they are on Haeg.  Are they higher on any of the big 4, then a pairing of Taylor and Haeg?  The great unknown.   I guess which scenerio helps Brady the most.

Haeg is making less than $2.5M. Which would seem to indicate his market wasn't great. Which might indicate he's perceived right now simply as depth. Stallyns said he played like all five spots on the line. His versatility is perfect for it.

But I'm sure he'll be given the chance to start. He'll probably be the starter immediately, no matter who we take at OT in the draft.