Draft szn rumors

bucsfan333

3 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Why wouldn't you grab your QB at #5 (likely Herbert) and the package to move up for on of the OTs. There are many more 1st round OTs than QBs...

They've (LAC) built up the right side of their line. Could be for a lefthanded QB. 👀

They've also spent a lot of time with Love. So they've got options if they wanna take an OT at five or trade down a bit.

16 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Why wouldn't you grab your QB at #5 (likely Herbert) and the package to move up for on of the OTs. There are many more 1st round OTs than QBs...

Could just be a cost control thing. There are fewer landing spots for a quarterback (especially after the Chargers), so maybe they don't think that they have to expend as much capital to get both players this way. If they want one of the top 4 tackles, maybe they feel like they have to get back into the top 11. IF they take the tackle first, and then go QB, maybe they only feel like they can just trade up to 15 or something? 

Kind of thin, I know, but otherwise, I am not really sure outside of thinking that they simply don't love the quarterbacks all that much

6 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Did nt they put Devin White on the dry erase board also?  🤔

Taylor just turned 21.  I forgot he wasn t redshirted, all this production since 18 is damn impressive.

Taylor has a lot wear and tear. I’d split the carries with him and Jones for sure. But happy about having both.

8 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Yeah. I'd imagine Taylor has reached out to a few people and asked about more than Tom Brady.

And I'd imagine lots of prospects have.

I was listening to the PR podcast and it seems the Bucs love Taylor, but not at 14. I can see that trade down if per say, none of the favored OT's are available, and take Taylor in the backhalf. However, I would not be surprised if Taylor is the pick. Taylor is a stud. I say he's 3rd behind Barkely and Elliot in prospects that came out for the draft in the last 5 years. Size speed vision, deadly jump cut and solid receiver. Wisconsin didn't have a pass game, so he wasn't really featured as a receiver but he's got good hands. 

If Wirfs/Wills/Thomas are not there, Kinlaw and Taylor are guys I'd happily take at 14. Becton is too raw to be able to contribute right away. I still remember what BA has said about Tackles in the NFL. If they're raw coming out, it'll take 3-4 years to develop. They're in win now mode. I don't see Becton being the pick, they'll look at someone who can start day 1 at Tackle. 

1 hour ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

I was listening to the PR podcast and it seems the Bucs love Taylor, but not at 14. I can see that trade down if per say, none of the favored OT's are available, and take Taylor in the backhalf. However, I would not be surprised if Taylor is the pick. Taylor is a stud. I say he's 3rd behind Barkely and Elliot in prospects that came out for the draft in the last 5 years. Size speed vision, deadly jump cut and solid receiver. Wisconsin didn't have a pass game, so he wasn't really featured as a receiver but he's got good hands. 

If Wirfs/Wills/Thomas are not there, Kinlaw and Taylor are guys I'd happily take at 14. Becton is too raw to be able to contribute right away. I still remember what BA has said about Tackles in the NFL. If they're raw coming out, it'll take 3-4 years to develop. They're in win now mode. I don't see Becton being the pick, they'll look at someone who can start day 1 at Tackle. 

That's interesting if he said that. Maybe to develop to their peak potential he means. I still wonder how they feel about Joe Haeg. Is he suppose to start for now? 

If BA feels that way about tackles developing, then I'm definitely in for trading back if Kinlaw or Brown are not there. 

10 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

That's interesting if he said that. Maybe to develop to their peak potential he means. I still wonder how they feel about Joe Haeg. Is he suppose to start for now? 

If BA feels that way about tackles developing, then I'm definitely in for trading back if Kinlaw or Brown are not there. 

He basically said drafting oline is for the next coach because guys coming out are so raw you might not keep your job long enough to see them develop.

He's also drafted two linemen in the first round. Including a guard in the top 10, if I remember correctly. 

So there's a bit of contradiction. 

• Like 1

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

He basically said drafting oline is for the next coach because guys coming out are so raw you might not keep your job long enough to see them develop.

He's also drafted two linemen in the first round. Including a guard in the top 10, if I remember correctly. 

Arizona drafted Cooper and Humphrey in the first rd.  Really kind of curious where they go.  It almost seems to simple tacklw at 14 or trade up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Yeah I wouldnt take what he has to say for gold. He has contradicted himself numerous times since he has been here.

• Like 1