Draft szn rumors

bucsfan333

4 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Possibly add C Davis and Whtehead who they could choose to extend because they would be eligible.

Still too early to say. Out of the 3 young corners, I put Davis 3rd. We're lucky they are cheap right now, but I feel Dean is going to take a huge jump as the top Corner. 

Whitehead - I like his game but he's not going to cash in  big. 

8 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

80 MM will shrink up fast

1. Barrett - 16-19 million 

2. Godwin - 17-20 million 

3. Vea - 10-12 million 

4. David - 10 million 

Plus, I still question if OJ is just an athlete or can he actually play football. If the Bucs have that concern, trade him. I think Brady will prefer Brate over Howard, whos a better football player. 

We saw how fast a big cap can disappear just this year.

And Howard was on pace for 900 yards and 7 TDs a couple years ago before he got hurt. Could've been a fluke season and last year is closer to what he is. But there's enough potential there to hang onto him one more year unless we get a good return for him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We saw how fast a big cap can disappear just this year.

And Howard was on pace for 900 yards and 7 TDs a couple years ago before he got hurt. Could've been a fluke season and last year is closer to what he is. But there's enough potential there to hang onto him one more year unless we get a good return for him.

Don;t disagree. I'm still torn on him, but if he's traded, that means Brady really doesn't see it either. Dude watched a ton of film and did his homework on the roster. While he doesn't have roster control, I'll almost bet that they will consult him on certain players for his opinion. 

Have to be careful too. These rumors are wicked - like OBJ to Minnesota - makes zero sense financially and for their culture. 

10 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Still too early to say. Out of the 3 young corners, I put Davis 3rd. We're lucky they are cheap right now, but I feel Dean is going to take a huge jump as the top Corner. 

No, but if these guys continue to play well, then signing them a yr early would be cheaper in the long run

How much better would Davis be viewed if he could catch the ball.  He was top 5 in PBU last season, which means he is closer to the WR.  If he picks off 3 balls each of the next 2 seasons with similiar PBUs as this season, he s going to make a lot of money in FA.  We all know outside CBs get paid, and in the first Atlanta game they were using Davis to shadow Jones.  They do that again this yr, Davis is gonna get paid.

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

No, but if these guys continue to play well, then signing them a yr early would be cheaper in the long run

How much better would Davis be viewed if he could catch the ball.  He was top 5 in PBU last season, which means he is closer to the WR.  If he picks off 3 balls each of the next 2 seasons with similiar PBUs as this season, he s going to make a lot of money in FA.  We all know outside CBs get paid, and in the first Atlanta game they were using Davis to shadow Jones.  They do that again this yr, Davis is gonna get paid.

Dean had more picks than davis in less games and more pass breakups. I think Dean takes his game to the #1 corner level, not Davis. Could be wrong, but both played exceptionally well down the stretch. Dean is faster and can hang with the faster receivers. Davis isn't as athletic. Never has been a TO guy, so I think he'll settle in the number 2 CB role. Either way, I'm glad to have this trio for another 2 years if they progress, we can't keep them all. 

It's a dream to pay them early, but these guys have agents that will advise them what to do to cash in. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

wow thats very disrespectful lol. Davis put the clamps on Mikey T, Julio Jones and Nuk and finished the year strong. He shows signs of a true #1. Just has not been consistent. not to mention Davis just turned 23. Dean turns 24 in october.

I think Dean has higher upside due to his superior athletic ability and size. Davis though is still super young and has more experience. He’s going to have a pro bowl caliber season next year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, indifference said:

wow thats very disrespectful lol. Davis put the clamps on Mikey T, Julio Jones and Nuk and finished the year strong. He shows signs of a true #1. Just has not been consistent. not to mention Davis just turned 23. Dean turns 24 in october.

I think Dean has higher upside due to his superior athletic ability and size. Davis though is still super young and has more experience. He’s going to have a pro bowl caliber season next year.

did NOT know Dean was older

14 hours ago, indifference said:

Not that I don't like Davis, but like you said and I said, Dean has the higher upside and if we're talking about paying two of the 3 guys, I think Davis could be the odd man out. Just my opinion. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

A good mock draft has about 6 picks at the right slot with the right team in a normal yr.  Still believe Detroit at 3 is where the draft begins.

Going a bit off the cusp, but I think not having all these workouts will actually lead to more teams going off film study than honestly, worthless workouts. 

19 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Going a bit off the cusp, but I think not having all these workouts will actually lead to more teams going off film study than honestly, worthless workouts. 

Which is how the good organizations usually operate anyway. I think the biggest hang-up with this whole process for teams is not being able to get guys into their building to have face/face meetings with them and read them. It's a lot easier to tell if someone is full of it in a face/face setting than over the phone...