TACT XX: One X Short Of A Good Time - Thanks Corona

D82

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I started planning this build in my mind 2 years ago when the Bronco was announced. That was going to be my forever truck, until I rode in one and realized the back seats are to small and the availability is too scarce. So all of my build parameters got switched over the Gladiator with one adjustment. The Gladiator is ugly compared to the Bronco, but ugly in the kinda way that I love. Almost like a Bulldog. Its an ugly creature but I love it with all my heart. 

Ive been buying parts for it for 2 months for my self dubbed "Ugly Truck" and she is going to be epic!

Niiiice. I saw some video of a Bronco plant. Hundreds of them sitting waiting for a few electronics. I'm in IT, hey,, its bad. Everything is constrained in the IT hardware world.

I look forward to seeing the progress. I'll be honest, not sure I'd have the cahonnies to do a tear down like that after just a few days. I think I would have waited to make sure everything was working properly (not that you didn't). I don't know what your mods are going to be. Just my first thought was many dealerships will would probably bust you balls on any warranty issues if any cropped up. More power to ya tho brother.

Funny about being "ugly". Wife hates all other variations of the Jeep except the 2 door wrangler. Hates the 4 door wrangler, hates the Gladiator, hates the Rubicons. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Niiiice. I saw some video of a Bronco plant. Hundreds of them sitting waiting for a few electronics. I'm in IT, hey,, its bad. Everything is constrained in the IT hardware world.

I look forward to seeing the progress. I'll be honest, not sure I'd have the cahonnies to do a tear down like that after just a few days. I think I would have waited to make sure everything was working properly (not that you didn't). I don't know what your mods are going to be. Just my first thought was many dealerships will would probably bust you balls on any warranty issues if any cropped up. More power to ya tho brother.

Funny about being "ugly". Wife hates all other variations of the Jeep except the 2 door wrangler. Hates the 4 door wrangler, hates the Gladiator, hates the Rubicons. 

Your wifes not wrong that the 2 door is the best looking version of the bunch. Its also the most useless from a function stand point, haha. But alas, the pretty things are often the least capable. 

I had Jeep install the mopar lift for warranty purposes. Additionally I negotiated the hell out of an extended warranty that covers all the major stuff (including the lift), 8 years 100k miles for $900. No brainer cause it will keep the resale value sky high for the next decade. 

Im not planning on doing much mechanical, so I am not concerned about the dealer messing with me. I wrote it in another spot, but this is the current list of mods:

• Custom Tires/Wheels
  • Custom Retro Decal Package
  • Insane Audio JL3001
  • Kicker L7T + SRQ box + Planet Audio amp + Kicker speakers
  • Side Steps
  • PRP Marine Grade seats
  • Orange accents throughout the vehicle
  • Oracle LED Head/Tail lights
  • Bedliner
  • Toolbox
  • Stubby bumper (eventually)
Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This website is funny. I call out a dude on his consistent BS, get a warning from Webby. Thats fine, justified, I get it. No biggie. 

I go to bed, wake up to dozens of likes/tags/pms of people thanking me. lol... Yet I am the bad guy here? 

Let's not go down that road...

4 hours ago, D82 said:
4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

This website is funny. I call out a dude on his consistent BS, get a warning from Webby. Thats fine, justified, I get it. No biggie. 

I go to bed, wake up to dozens of likes/tags/pms of people thanking me. lol... Yet I am the bad guy here? 

Let's not go down that road...

Well, I guess it’s time for details. Gimme…

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

How many pups in a normal litter? 

It depends honestly. A friend just had a litter of 14, but I know others who have had just one or two. Hurry came from a litter of 5 or 6, I think so that’ll hopefully be what I can expect from her (assuming she passes her final health clearances at 2 and finishes her Championship title)