FFMD II ‘20 - Detroit Lions Front Office

TL-TwoWinsAway

16 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Unfortunately, it seems that the Dolphins want him as well. They have the higher pick, so there's really nothing we can do about it.

Have you talked to NYG about a trade up? We'd still walk away with extra capital from the LAC trade either way. 

1 minute ago, LionArkie said:

Simmons in this D would be amazing.  TE and RB screens would no longer be killing us.  Not to mention the versatility.  It would be lovely.

He'd get coaching in this scheme from a similar guy in Jamie Collins. That would be tremendous in the short and long-term. 

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

He'd get coaching in this scheme from a similar guy in Jamie Collins. That would be tremendous in the short and long-term. 

He really reminds me of an Urlacher type, but maybe even more atheltic?  I'm not one to write someone into the Hall, but this guy could achieve that if he stays healthy.  You don't pass on that kind of thing.

Just now, LionArkie said:

He really reminds me of an Urlacher type, but maybe even more atheltic?  I'm not one to write someone into the Hall, but this guy could achieve that if he stays healthy.  You don't pass on that kind of thing.

We aren't running a tampa 2, so I don't know if he'd be the Urlacher for us (although he could be that guy for another team for sure). He's just that guy you can put all over the field and then when you add in Collins' versatility and the versatility of Tavai in the LB spots, there's just so much that can be done with a guy like that on the roster.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

The Saints are interested in trading down from #24. We've definitely got the draft capital to make that move, assuming we have a player there that we like.

For the right player, on the surface I don’t love the value in that area unless someone falls.  There’s a drop off after the 16-20 range in this draft