FFMD II ‘20 - Detroit Lions Front Office

TL-TwoWinsAway

7 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

Yeah, I like 53 a lot. I think he's going to have a good career. 64, 92, 128 and another player I messaged TL about, but I'm not seeing on the list, have my interests.

I really think we should be looking at #64. He fits exactly what we want at the position. 

Like 53 a lot too. Surprised #128 is sitting there. #92 doesn't fit the profile at the position. #117 does but there could be character concerns. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

DRAFT SUMMARY

Pick #6 (1) - Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State

Pick #14 (1) - Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina

Pick #49 (2) - Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State

Pick #92 (3) - Ben Bredeson, OG, Michigan
Pick #156 (5)
Pick #185 (6)
Pick #186 (6)
Pick #198 (7)
Pick #228 (7)
Pick #236 (7)
Pick #252 (7)

Team Needs: DT, OG, WR, CB, DE

TRADE

Taco Charlton, DE from Miami

I like this. Filled four of those positions with players that I just don't see not working out in the NFL, and that should be able to contribute at a high level.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I really think we should be looking at #64. He fits exactly what we want at the position. 

Like 53 a lot too. Surprised #128 is sitting there. #92 doesn't fit the profile at the position. #117 does but there could be character concerns. 

Agree with 64. He's probably my top dog right now.  I'd put 117 on the board except he seems very immature.  Has the talent to be good, but I think he will end up not cutting it.

Guys we missed on with the Bredeson pick

- Raekwon Davis, Bradlee Anae, Jacob Eason, Adam Trautman, H. Adeniji, J. Zuniga, Antonio Gibson, Davon Hamilton, Matt Peart, Akeem Davis-Gaither, Jalen Hurts, Hunter Bryant

There's only three guys that I would have liked to see: Davon Hamilton, Jacob Eason, Adam Trautman. Anae isn't a need with Charlton in the mix.

There's been a bit of a run on OL, so I do think the move for Bredeson was the right one. 

Keep up the good work @TL-TwoWinsAway

• Like 3

Alright. Thanks to random.org, I have the "Sleeper Draft Challenge" list ordered as follows:

Pick #185 - @Sllim Pickens (Sunday, April 12th at 6:40 P.M.)
Pick #186 - @Karnage84 (Sunday, April 12th at 7:20 P.M.)
Pick #198 - @BigC421/ (Monday, April 13th at 2:40 P.M.)
Pick #228 - @Lionized (Tuesday, April 14th from 10:00 P.M. until 10:00 A.M.)
Pick #236 - @LionArkie (Wednesday, April 15th at 2:40 P.M.)
Pick #252 - @Louis Friend (Thursday, April 16th at 12:40 P.M.)

You can either make the pick yourself when the time comes or let me know who you want and I'll post it. (Sorry Louis: you've gotta look for that deeeeeep sleeper.)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Alright. Thanks to random.org, I have the "Sleeper Draft Challenge" list ordered as follows:

Pick #185 - @Sllim Pickens (Sunday, April 12th at 6:40 P.M.)
Pick #186 - @Karnage84 (Sunday, April 12th at 7:20 P.M.)
Pick #198 - @BigC421/ (Monday, April 13th at 2:40 P.M.)
Pick #228 - @Lionized (Tuesday, April 14th from 10:00 P.M. until 10:00 A.M.)
Pick #236 - @LionArkie (Wednesday, April 15th at 2:40 P.M.)
Pick #252 - @Louis Friend (Thursday, April 16th at 12:40 P.M.)

You can either make the pick yourself when the time comes or let me know who you want and I'll post it. (Sorry Louis: you've gotta look for that deeeeeep sleeper.)

I think @Karnage84 should get the last pick since he has all those scouting sheets, complete with medical records and stool samples. Me on the other hand...I'm in trouble!

• Like 1

festiveonion's summary of our first three rounds. Great work everyone.

Lions:

1.6 - Jeff Okudah CB ——- A+
1.14 - Javon Kinlaw DT —— A

2.49 - Brandon Aiyuk WR — A-
3.92 - Ben Bredson OG —— B
5.156 -
6.185 -
6.186 -
6.199 -
7.228 -
7.236 -
7.252 -

Out: Joe Dahl OG

In: Taco Charlton DE

This team. This team right here.

Lions are gonna Lion. But they didn’t Lion these last few days… you feel me?

Detroit kicked off free agency by signing all of New Englands players and then resigning all of the ones that used to be on New England.

(They also added Vaitai and Trufant)

They started with 9 selections and have played this draft masterfully to this point.

Kicking it off by stockpiling a hoarde of picks from the Chargers, the Lions took perhaps the 2nd player on their overall board in Okudah. They used some of that harem of picks to jump back into the 1st for Kinlaw and just like that, their most pressing needs are filled.

Follow it up with an Aiyuk steal and some guy named Ben and you’ve got the recipe for maybe the best draft anyone has put together so far.

The Lions have seven more picks to hash this thing out. They have been active and will probably continue to be.
Look for them to address OL more, as well a possible S so their head coach can sleep better at night. Punter, QB and LB will probably be addressed again, or whichever BPA the Lions decide. They’ve earned that right.

A+

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Me guy James Lynch finally went, see a lot of Justin Smith in him.  I’m not really sure on who to target next at this point. I like 37 but would really prefer another route 

If there's a good value at 7's position, I think that would make tons of sense.

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

If there's a good value at 7's position, I think that would make tons of sense.

Agree somewhat if the right guys there but I’m not totally sure who that is.  I’d still like to add another guy at 64 or 130s spots. Have to see how the board falls

Just now, BigC421/ said:

Agree somewhat if the right guys there but I’m not totally sure who that is.  I’d still like to add another guy at 64 or 130s spots. Have to see how the board falls

Definitely, love those positions as well. Hoping for the absolute best value player with that pick.

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

festiveonion's summary of our first three rounds. Great work everyone.

Looking at things objectively, I think you've done a solid job TL. It's nice to see that opinion being shared outside of this room. 

I don't think we could have gone wrong if we had kept our 2nd rounders but I also think that you've hit the nail on the head and made the right moves to push this team into Division contention with an eye on the playoffs. 

• Like 1