Vikings FFMD20 War Room

RpMc

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Also have James Lynch just sitting out there who lead the nation in QB pressures, sure is a big dude to play DE but that could help the run D and maybe he could be a DT also.  

With Jones and Pierce, plus all the depth I don't think a DT is as much of a need as a pass rushing edge.

Just now, byuvike88 said:

With Jones and Pierce, plus all the depth I don't think a DT is as much of a need as a pass rushing edge.

I think Lynch could lose 10-15 pounds and play DE and more than handle his own.  Many teams in a 4/3 front have bigger ends to help in run defense, Seattle has done that from time to time and Lynch is a beast and is a great value here.  Not a huge need but is a value pickup on a fine DL.

Just now, battle2heaven said:

Do we have a 2nd safety on the roster yet? 😂

Good point, looking back could have got Dugger 2nd round and then taken one of these guys now.  So yeah that is kind of a gut punch.  

Michael Ojemudia Iowa RS
Darnay Holmes UCLA RS JR
Tony Pride Jr Notre Dame JR
Myles Bryant Washington

Just now, RpMc said:

What can anyone tell me about John Simpson?

Huge measurements for a guard, and a good RAS Score?

The guy is an awesome pulling guard, watch the highlights online, he can move in space regardless of what his combine score says.  I think he is a great fit for a zone blocking scheme, arguably a better fit than Jonah Jackson because he can pull better and has done it a lot.  Was surprising his poor combine which was nothing great.  But kid is solid and would be nice to have some size at guard, and has played well for Clemson for some time.  

Quite a bit heavier than Jackson, around 15 pounds more is Simpson.  But Simpson out jumped him by 4", was better on the bench than him by 6 reps, better broad jump than Jackson as well, Simpson had a better 20 shuttle but Jackson had a better 3 cone and both basically ran the same 40 time.  Mind you Simpson played at a higher level for a longer time than Jonah Jackson, Simpson has been good on Clemson for awhile.  

4 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Went with Simpson

CandidGleefulGrub-size_restricted.gif

Yeah the more I thought about it, he is absolutely the better choice and fit potentially.  I have him as more a 2nd round pick so great value as well.  

And no crap @Cearbhall likes that pick.  He would probably want the draft to go OL, OL ,OL, OL

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

CandidGleefulGrub-size_restricted.gif

Yeah the more I thought about it, he is absolutely the better choice and fit potentially.  I have him as more a 2nd round pick so great value as well.  

And no crap @Cearbhall likes that pick.  He would probably want the draft to go OL, OL ,OL, OL

Excellent Elisha Cuthbert gif

• Like 2