FFMD II ‘20 - Pittsburgh Steelers Front Office.

jebrick

3 minutes ago, kurgan said:

Took a nap.  I am good with Highsmith.  Jennings was a right now pick, where as HIghsmith is a project like Ola and Tuzar, but 3 bites at the apple will work for me.

He is an elite pass rusher and ST weapon on day one.

I think Ola will surprise this season ( if they play) he looked very good in limited snaps last year.  I worry that Jennings is topped out and would really struggle as a stand up player.

• Like 2

2.59--Cam Akers, RB

3.102--K'Von Wallace, S

4.109--Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR

4.112--Solomon Kindley, OG

4.124 --Alex Highsmith, Edge

6.183 5:20-6:00 4/12

7.233 12:40-1:20 4/15

No pick until Sunday.  Unless we make that Hilton deal, and that might be tomorrow night.  We still need to address F, H and K, not in that order.  I am on board with K first, then most likely F, with UDFA for H to compete with our incumbents.

3 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I think Ola will surprise this season ( if they play) he looked very good in limited snaps last year.  I worry that Jennings is topped out and would really struggle as a stand up player.

One of Tuzar and Ola will have to step up into the Chick role.  I think AJ could have done that, as he plays like Chick to me.  But, I understand the concern.  He is what he is... might not be any more.

But, I think we have a nice mix of solid players and projects.  Kindley and Akers are plug and play, DPJ and Highsmith are projects... Wallace is somewhere in the middle.

9 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

My only concern is none of our backups can set the Edge.  AJ could.  Not knocking the pick.  I think Highsmith can bring the heat early can could develop into a nice all around player.  But you are sacrificing a little for the upside.  

Ola can set the edge.  While he is the only one of the backups that can I understand the concern but when there is a chance on a big upside vs high floor low ceiling players I will reach for the high ceiling in a EDGE player.

Ola was the only one last year as well as Chick was just all around awlful

Edited by jebrick
  • Like 1