FFMD II ‘20 - Pittsburgh Steelers Front Office.

jebrick

2 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

We have a contingent offer from the Giants for Mike Hilton .

They are offering #150 (4th pick in the 5th round) for him.

Reminder, we currently have no 5th round pick. #124 to #183 is going to be a loooong wait 

Get two picks for him.... 5th and 6th

8 minutes ago, kurgan said:

Get two picks... one for our need we will be missing and a flyer CB

Sure. If we can get it.  I think some fans (not you) over value Hilton.  He's not gonna get you much in the real world.  He's a blitzing Nickel DB. 

Edited by Chieferific
  • Like 1

“Pittsburgh Steelers

2.59 - Cam Akers RB 
3.102 - K’Von Wallace S 
4.109 - Donavon Peoples-Jones WR
4.112 - Solomon Kindley OG

4.124 -
6.183 -
7.233 -

I am ecstatic with this haul so far, especially considering how many picks we had to start the draft with. That maneuvering with Detroit and Seattle early on in the draft is looking like an incredible move so far. 

We wisely maneuvered to get a guy we are all high on in Akers who will have an immediate impact in year 1. It's hard to find a player capable of doing that at the bottom of the 2nd round. We got a guy with Kareem Hunt/Aaron Jones potential.

Wallace is going to be extremely valuable right away as a special teams player and part-time chess-piece on defense. Having guys like K'Von Wallace, Devin Bush and Minkah controlling the middle of the field will make our defense even more deadly.  He is a great locker room/leadership guy as well. 

DPJ is a 2nd round level talent and probably goes much higher in any other draft that isn't so saturated with great receiver prospects. He will be another weapon for Ben and could even help on punt returns and special teams year 1. 

Kindley is a favorite prospect of mine. He is massive but nimble and plays a nasty mean streak. He has potential to be a future starter top backup at the worst. 

Not to mention all of these prospects fit the Steelers mold of what they look for. P5 schools, underclassmen, high character, leaders etc. 

My Board for upcoming pick would be:

Edited by bigben07MVP
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Don't get greedy  I think the 5th round pick is fair

I'm not disagreeing.  I just don't see the harm in asking for a 7th.

We could cover all of our needs, and draft an extra secondary body.

44 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

“Pittsburgh Steelers

2.59 - Cam Akers RB 
3.102 - K’Von Wallace S 
4.109 - Donavon Peoples-Jones WR
4.112 - Solomon Kindley OG

4.124 -
6.183 -
7.233 -

I am ecstatic with this haul so far, especially considering how many picks we had to start the draft with. That maneuvering with Detroit and Seattle early on in the draft is looking like an incredible move so far. 

We wisely maneuvered to get a guy we are all high on in Akers who will have an immediate impact in year 1. It's hard to find a player capable of doing that at the bottom of the 2nd round. We got a guy with Kareem Hunt/Aaron Jones potential.

Wallace is going to be extremely valuable right away as a special teams player and part-time chess-piece on defense. Having guys like K'Von Wallace, Devin Bush and Minkah controlling the middle of the field will make our defense even more deadly.  He is a great locker room/leadership guy as well. 

DPJ is a 2nd round level talent and probably goes much higher in any other draft that isn't so saturated with great receiver prospects. He will be another weapon for Ben and could even help on punt returns and special teams year 1. 

Kindley is a favorite prospect of mine. He is massive but nimble and plays a nasty mean streak. He has potential to be a future starter top backup at the worst. 

Not to mention all of these prospects fit the Steelers mold of what they look for. P5 schools, underclassmen, high character, leaders etc. 

My Board for upcoming pick would be:

Good write up, I love how we communicate and stay true to our board and bounce ideas off of each other.

I think 42-44-40 should be the pick at 124.  If they are not there, I think we need to look at column K.  67, 72 and 29 are all options that make sense and fill needs that we have.  We need to address that spot.  While 124 may be a bit rich, we need to cover that base, especially if 42-44-40 aren't there. 

I can't see 201 being a need, TBH.  We have too many needs.

As much as I like and think we need to address 164's spot, I think we can get cover later with 166, 168, or 170.

We have holes at Column I, K and F that we need to plug.  And we have only 3 picks left (right now).

With 10 picks, I think that we go:

42-44-40 (We can argue order... they might all be there, or none, or 1... IDK).  If they are not there, we take 67, 72 or 29 (again, we can argue order)

Then, we let tomorrow play out and wait for a trade or the next pick, and take I, K, F or H (depending on what we got at 124)