FFMD II ‘20 - Pittsburgh Steelers Front Office.

jebrick

Can't say I know much about 67 but 79 is very much like someone we have on the roster, and makes that guy expendable next year which saves a ton of cash

I feel like we have enough athletes, 79 is a football player and will be a solid rotational player and ST

24 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

I'm with jebrick here , 113 easily over 201 (still tremendous value at that position as a whole) and 29 (meh, don't feel we need one of these and he's not exciting)

Steeler Brass disagrees.  They've met with a few of these guys (had dinner w/29) and he's exactly what they are looking for.  Not saying he should be drafted @ 183 (or at all).  But their interest in him is evident.   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Steeler Brass disagrees.  They've met with a few of these guys (had dinner w/29) and he's exactly what they are looking for.  Not saying he should be drafted @ 183 (or at all).  But their interest in him is evident.   

Late rounders if none is taken before hand... But we already took a crazy versatile piece with Wallace ... And bush in his second year will play more

Edited by Cbrunn
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

Late round guy if none is taken before hand... But we already took a crazy versatile piece with Wallace ... And bush in his second year will play more

183 is late rd.  Wallace (<200lbs) doesn't fill that spot exactly.  In that scheme, he replaces Edmunds and Edmunds slides down to ILB.  That means we have 1 player (Edmunds) able to do that.  I'm not necessarily saying take him there.  I'm disagreeing with your statement of him not being what they need.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Can Edmunds slide down to ILB/replace Barron’s role? He would need to bulk up some but I think he would thrive in that role in our defense.

Kind of the point.  29 is 230+lbs.  As I've said before, I'm not sure Edmunds can handle that role.  Maybe he can. But with Barron gone, neither can VW or UG3 so it has to be him. 

• Like 1

113 for me.  He is a project, but damn he has some measurables.  I'd even throw 110 on there for the same degree.  Not as exciting as 113, but what we look for at that spot.

67 and 29 are different, but the same.  67 is more polished and has been doing it on a good level for 4 years, except when he blew out his ACLs.  29 is a conversion prospect who has played all over, but looks more like last year's 6th rounder on the NFL level (the one that stayed on the roster).

It is 100% a need since we lost a guy that got 60% of the snaps at that slot, and we are now asking last year's 6th rounder to play that, with NO backup or comp.  Not a good idea, IMO.

I can agree with 67 over 29, but I don't get the total discount of him.  He fits a role, we have had interactions with him, great college program... I'm not saying he should be taken over 67, just an option if he goes.  Plus, ST will be set.

4 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Can Edmunds slide down to ILB/replace Barron’s role? He would need to bulk up some but I think he would thrive in that role in our defense.

Not full time.  Dime, yes.  Nickel, no.  Wallace will help, but not solve the problem.  We need someone other than last year's rookie that played 6 games to be that guy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kurgan said:

113 for me.  He is a project, but damn he has some measurables.  I'd even throw 110 on there for the same degree.  Not as exciting as 113, but what we look for at that spot.

67 and 29 are different, but the same.  67 is more polished and has been doing it on a good level for 4 years, except when he blew out his ACLs.  29 is a conversion prospect who has played all over, but looks more like last year's 6th rounder on the NFL level (the one that stayed on the roster).

It is 100% a need since we lost a guy that got 60% of the snaps at that slot, and we are now asking last year's 6th rounder to play that, with NO backup or comp.  Not a good idea, IMO.

I can agree with 67 over 29, but I don't get the total discount of him.  He fits a role, we have had interactions with him, great college program... I'm not saying he should be taken over 67, just an option if he goes.  Plus, ST will be set.

Not full time.  Dime, yes.  Nickel, no.  Wallace will help, but not solve the problem.  We need someone other than last year's rookie that played 6 games to be that guy.

I don't think UG3 has taken a snap.

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

I don't think UG3 has taken a snap.

Not in a game, no.  I'm sure he got practice reps and did some preseason.  Its a big step up regardless, and as of right now, no comp for that spot.  It is basically his, if we don't get one here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

113 will prolly be taken before 29 and there are a few options in column H.  BUT unless the Giants trade goes thru we only have 2 pix.  So if 113 is taken who is odd man out?

Right now, if I had to pick, it would be column H.  Only because 1) ST ability and 2) some of those guys will HAVE to be UDFAs or cheap street FA.  I feel like we HAVE to get a column K and a column F.  Hell, if we pick up this 5th (and assuming its 113), and we take the H with the 6th, I would draft a M before an H...

4 minutes ago, kurgan said:

Right now, if I had to pick, it would be column H.  Only because 1) ST ability and 2) some of those guys will HAVE to be UDFAs or cheap street FA.  I feel like we HAVE to get a column K and a column F.  Hell, if we pick up this 5th (and assuming its 113), and we take the H with the 6th, I would draft a M before an H...

I guess I'm more comfortable with our backups for position F.  Kindley helped that position too indirectly.  I'd go K then H.  Giants pick goes thru, I'd nab 201.