FFMD II ‘20 - Pittsburgh Steelers Front Office.

jebrick

4 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

O.o Immovable object.  Put on the LSU tape.  Cush and Lewis couldn't move him off the spot.  

He actually has some pass rush juice.  Not as much as 170, but more than say 164.

Also not mad about 166 or 174.  Different dudes but both would help that slot.

7 minutes ago, kurgan said:

He actually has some pass rush juice.  Not as much as 170, but more than say 164.

Also not mad about 166 or 174.  Different dudes but both would help that slot.

Yeah but not gonna be his bread and butter.  Reminds me a little of....Wait for it....Casey Hampton.  He's got a Baaaaaad habit of getting turned.  But I think that can be coached up.  

*But as @jebricksays, they're the Blockbuster of football players.  10 years ago Jones would have been an early Rd pick.  Maybe even a 1st Rdr.  

Edited by Chieferific
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, kurgan said:

OK... so with with 50+ picks until we are back on... 

Updated kurgan big board (for 183):

Ecstatic: 67, 29  

Happy: 72, 110, 113, 169, 170

OK:  Anyone else in F, H or K

Not OK:  Pick NOT in F, H or K.

I forgot about 29, I’d be happy with him. I don’t think 67 makes it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

I'm gonna throw 72 out there instead of 67.  67's injuries are a little concerning.

I mean, at some level, it is splitting hairs.  They both 'fit' the same role, TBH.  67 seems more blue collar and workman-like, but has had two ACLs.  72 is raw and good at what he does, but is not as grindy and 'tough' as 67.  IDK how else to frame it.

29 is a conversion prospect who may be better or worse than those two.  IDK, it is hard to tell, TBH.  He is faster, more experienced, and has waaaay more accolades, just does not project to the NFL in what he did in college.

All 3 fit what we like to do, and all 3 will have a chance to play early.... especially on ST.  All four are 4 phase ST (eh, maybe not 67) but all will have a shot to win a job against last year's rookie 6th rounder.

73 is interesting as well, TBH.  Similar to 72.

10 hours ago, kurgan said:

I mean, at some level, it is splitting hairs.  They both 'fit' the same role, TBH.  67 seems more blue collar and workman-like, but has had two ACLs.  72 is raw and good at what he does, but is not as grindy and 'tough' as 67.  IDK how else to frame it.

29 is a conversion prospect who may be better or worse than those two.  IDK, it is hard to tell, TBH.  He is faster, more experienced, and has waaaay more accolades, just does not project to the NFL in what he did in college.

All 3 fit what we like to do, and all 3 will have a chance to play early.... especially on ST.  All four are 4 phase ST (eh, maybe not 67) but all will have a shot to win a job against last year's rookie 6th rounder.

73 is interesting as well, TBH.  Similar to 72.

Agree.  Also, they've shown interest in 29 and had the infamous dinner with him.  

Edited by Chieferific

Giants next pick is in the 5th round....OTC time slot is 

Fri, Apr 10 @ 08:40 PM to Fri, Apr 10 @ 09:20 PM

My plan is to hold off on this trade until we're are near to being on the clock.  There are still several targets remaining on the board that I'd like to grab with this pick.  However, I do think that Mike Hilton could be an asset to this roster.  Not a huge fan of his size because it limits his time on the field to certain packages.  Nonetheless, it is good value for him.  

Any suggestions with who to target tonight or if we should make the trade for Hilton let me know.

Last update from Giants GM.

I want 201 or 29 with our next pick FWIW. 201 has potential to be a solid backup and I like him a lot better as a prospect than the guy we drafted at that position last year. He would be good value at 183. 

Edited by bigben07MVP