Jamal Adams

Wobbler65

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

If you read his posts @SweetFancyMoses wasn't at all excited about getting a 4th round comp.

Boy, we are speaking past each other.

I understand that. He is criticizing other for being excited about losing Quinn because of the comp pick. I told him he was making up enemies. Then you threw us down this rabbit hole.

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

lol. Cal you are twisting everything NYFDB is saying and making strawman arguments. 

I am not twisting anything. He said literally no one wanted to lose Quinn and I'm saying that's BS.

He wants proof of evidence and I'm saying the lack there of is the proof. At what point did the Cowboys show any real effort to keep Quinn like we have some other players we've held on to?

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I am not twisting anything. He said literally no one wanted to lose Quinn and I'm saying that's BS.

He wants proof of evidence and I'm saying the lack there of is the proof. At what point did the Cowboys show any real effort to keep Quinn like we have some other players we've held on to?

You have no clue how hard the cowboys did/didnt try for Quinn. None of us do. 

7 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Boy, we are speaking past each other.

I understand that. He is criticizing other for being excited about losing Quinn because of the comp pick. I told him he was making up enemies. Then you threw us down this rabbit hole.

And when did he say any of you were excited for losing Quinn?

He is accusing you guys of having a luke warm wait and see attitude after the Cowboys gave up the Cow for the supposed Magic Beans.  

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You have no clue how hard the cowboys did/didnt try for Quinn. None of us do. 

We have heard time and time again of agents from Cooper and Dak meeting with the Cowboys FO. Given this day in age of social media I think we would have heard something if negotiations were taking place.

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

And when did he say any of you were excited for losing Quinn?

He is accusing you guys of having a luke warm wait and see attitude after the Cowboys gave up the Cow for the supposed Magic Beans.  

I mean, literally nobody thinks a 4th round comp pick is magic beans. I think both of you guys are making up enemies. 

If you want to attack my rational, patient attitude towards following my sports team, then fine. I am not totally on the ledge about losing Quinn, that is true. But don’t misrepresent me and say I’m totally fine losing a good player because I get a “precious” comp pick. That’s not even close to accurate.

3 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I mean, literally nobody thinks a 4th round comp pick is magic beans. I think both of you guys are making up enemies. 

If you want to attack my rational, patient attitude towards following my sports team, then fine. I am not totally on the ledge about losing Quinn, that is true. But don’t misrepresent me and say I’m totally fine losing a good player because I get a “precious” comp pick. That’s not even close to accurate.

Again you're putting words in our mouths. Nobody said you were totally fine with it. 

But this like the Hopkins trade for the Texans should warrant some genuine pause for concern or actual criticism. Instead you criticize us for not "waiting to see" what happens with their decisions when it's pretty much already happened this FA.

Aldon Smith

Randy Gregory

That's it.

The last straw will be the draft. Cause I just don't see them making a blockbuster trade for a DE given their off season attitude for the last 7 years or so. 

10 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Again you're putting words in our mouths. Nobody said you were totally fine with it. 

But this like the Hopkins trade for the Texans should warrant some genuine pause for concern or actual criticism. Instead you criticize us for not "waiting to see" what happens with their decisions when it's pretty much already happened this FA.

Aldon Smith

Randy Gregory

That's it.

The last straw will be the draft. Cause I just don't see them making a blockbuster trade for a DE given their off season attitude for the last 7 years or so. 

My god, dude. I was responding to the following quotes when you jumped in and took the conversation into a million different rabbit holes:

"Just make sure we don't give up any of our 'Oh so precious' comp picks"

and

"you guys act like no biggie losing Quinn, we got that sweet 4th rounder, that's really a 5th , coming to us."

The only point I have been making, and continue to make is that no one here thinks that it no big deal to lose Quinn just because a comp pick, and I promise you the comp pick was only a small part of the calculus on the Cowboys' part.

You have twisted every post into something other than this, and I do not understand why. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

My god, dude. I was responding to the following quotes when you jumped in and took the conversation into a million different rabbit holes:

"Just make sure we don't give up any of our 'Oh so precious' comp picks"

and

"you guys act like no biggie losing Quinn, we got that sweet 4th rounder, that's really a 5th , coming to us."

The only point I have been making, and continue to make is that no one here thinks that it no big deal to lose Quinn just because a comp pick, and I promise you the comp pick was only a small part of the calculus on the Cowboys' part.

You have twisted every post into something other than this, and I do not understand why. 

Is this yall's favorite thing to do is to project someone twisting arguments when that is what you yourself are doing right now.

My gripe has been the same since the day we left both Byron and Robert go with no real back up plan in place.

We were critisized by you guys for not waiting to see what the FO does to correct the loss with someone better cause these guys were too expensive.

Again the part in bold above is exactly the point you were getting at right? Same thing that you had in the part below? 

I've tried to stick to my main point from the beginning, that there is a cost-benefit analysis associated with every decision. For the Cowboys, the cost outweighed the benefit from their perspective on Quinn. That's entirely different than being excited to lose a player because it will net us a 4th round comp pick.

The only two points I have seen you make is: 1st that it was not cost effective which I proved you wrong with the out that Chicago has after two years which was more then cost effective considering that is the exact type of out we have with Amari. To which you replied I was taking you down a rabbit hole which is BS.

Your 2nd point which was strongly implied with the (small part of calculus) that "it's all part of the plan". Wait and see what is actually done by them. But judging from the evidence we have been presented by their scouting which we even have a topic that narrow's down their top choices. They are not planning on addressing the DE in the draft until later in the draft (day 2 or 3) if at all. So on top of that with so little activity done in FA even after all the time after it started we have yet to see any results. It seems like their entire plan centers on getting Dak resigned which they still have yet to do. 

So where is all of the cost-effectiveness going to be put to, to help us win? Jamal Adams? How does he fix the DE position when he's a safety and it's still only a rumor at this point?

I'm not taking you down a rabbit hole. I would like to actually hear where the results are for this cost-effective plan we have for this team that is bearing fruit? The same thing I've been getting at since day 1, what is the back up plan?

22 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Is this yall's favorite thing to do is to project someone twisting arguments when that is what you yourself are doing right now.

My gripe has been the same since the day we left both Byron and Robert go with no real back up plan in place.

We were critisized by you guys for not waiting to see what the FO does to correct the loss with someone better cause these guys were too expensive.

Hahahahaha, I didn’t respond to you. You inserted yourself in a conversation between two people, and then are mad I didn’t follow you down your rabbit hole.

1 minute ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Hahahahaha, I didn’t respond to you. You inserted yourself in a conversation between two people, and then are mad I didn’t follow you down your rabbit hole.

????

Isn't that how our conversation originally started?

Come to think of it is that not how 99% of the conversations on FF actually happen where one person may pose a question another answers and one other afters interjects thus starting a larger debate between multiple people?

Isn't that how this site works? Infact isn't that how all community sites work normally?

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

????

Isn't that how our conversation originally started?

Come to think of it is that not how 99% of the conversations on FF actually happen where one person may pose a question another answers and one other afters interjects thus starting a larger debate between multiple people?

Isn't that how this site works? Infact isn't that how all community sites work normally?

1) A poster accused people of barely caring that we lost a good player just because we will get a comp pick

2) I said that isn’t true, people don’t feel that way

3) You responded with a hundred tangentially related things

4) I said, I don’t disagree, but that was not what I was talking about

5) You kept arguing your points that didn’t relate to the initial conversation I was trying to have

6) I keep telling you that point 1 is the thing I’m trying to discuss

7) You say I’m twisting your words

I don’t know what to do man, other than...

Back to Jamal Adams!

1 hour ago, Northland said:

I like draft picks.  I also like Jamal Adams.  Perhaps draft picks could be used to acquire Jamal Adams.  It's weak I know but I'm trying to get this discussion back on topic.

Agreed. I also like to think that Jamal Adams, though obviously expensive, is pushing my team closer to getting over the hump.

10 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Agreed. I also like to think that Jamal Adams, though obviously expensive, is pushing my team closer to getting over the hump.

If a player like Adams does become available due diligence must be engaged.  He may prove to be too expensive but you have to try.

• Like 1