Make an argument for...

Kiwibrown

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 4:43 PM, lancerman said:

It’s not just about what Brady did. It’s about what he didn’t do. So you know the infamous tuck rule play? Brady gets blindsided and fumbles the ball? That type of play happens about 4-5 times against Bledsoe a game, he’s not getting bailed out 5 times. That assumes they even get to that game as Bledsoe is liable to drop a close game or two because of that in an extremely competitive division race that year. 

Adding Brady that year limited mistakes that upped the team average and didn’t cut them off at the knees 

I agree, as much as I talk bad about Brady. Bledsoe doesn't win those superbowls. He was a turnover machine.  I think Tony Romo could have similar or greater success with the Patriots. Maybe even McNabb. Point is I think Brady is replaceable with a lot of above QB's but Bledsoe isn't one of them.

20 hours ago, MrnastiesNO said:

I agree, as much as I talk bad about Brady. Bledsoe doesn't win those superbowls. He was a turnover machineI think Tony Romo could have similar or greater success with the Patriots. Maybe even McNabb. Point is I think Brady is replaceable with a lot of above QB's but Bledsoe isn't one of them.

Bledsoe was a turnover machine, but not Romo?

Edited by Elky

5 hours ago, MrnastiesNO said:

Romo was a pretty good Qb and he had all the tools. Consistently a top 5 Qb. (Better than Big Ben) Bledsoe threw just as many Ints as TD. Not to mentions fumbles.

To say we'd have similar if not greater success with Romo instead of Brady is an asinine statement.

1 hour ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Make an argument for: 

The Falcons' coaching staff was not to blame for the Patriots' comeback in SB51

Tom Brady was the wrong choice for MVP in 2010

Aaron Rodgers is to blame for GB's failure to reach the Super Bowl since 2010, not McCarthy/Lafleur 

My argument is simple: if the quarterback is going to get all the credit for winning, they get all of the blame for losing.

On 4/7/2020 at 3:00 PM, notthatbluestuff said:

I don't think you really get it. You're not arguing for why the Rams should have kept Gurley, you're arguing that they should have had a different coaching staff throughout his Rams tenure. That's not the point you're being given to make. 

I don't have to make an argument for Gurley.  

I don't think anybody has to. 

I'm just giving a reason why he was let go.  

LA is such a pass-centered team, they had one of the best RBs in the league and had no idea how to use him whatsoever.  

There is no excuse when he just won OPOY two years ago.  

I think having 12 TDs in an off-year would be enough of an argument in itself to give him a contract extension.  

3 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Make an argument for: 

The Falcons' coaching staff was not to blame for the Patriots' comeback in SB51

Not saying I'd agree with it because it's hard to absolve the playcalling, but I think the case here would basically be that all Matt Ryan has to do is throw the ball away if he's feeling even a little bit of pressure and they probably win that game.

6 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Aaron Rodgers is to blame for GB's failure to reach the Super Bowl since 2010, not McCarthy/Lafleur 

The entirety, or majority of the blame? Hell no, then you just don't know or watch the Packers. But a share of the blame? Sure, that could be done.