Who is the ONE player you'd trade up for.

Cutler06

Thought about this and while I love me some Andrew Thomas, the one player I'd consider trading up for is WR Jerry Jeudy. I think he is the perfect compliment to Sutton, would be a great support fotr Lock and would electrify this offense. 

Whose you must have ?

48 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Thought about this and while I love me some Andrew Thomas, the one player I'd consider trading up for is WR Jerry Jeudy. I think he is the perfect compliment to Sutton, would be a great support fotr Lock and would electrify this offense. 

Whose you must have ?

If we were to trade up for 1 player I think I’d most prefer Simmons, otherwise I think the talent between the guys there at 15 is similar 

• Like 1

If we’re talking ‘trade up to where he’ll approximately go,’ I’d seriously consider moving up a few spots for Jeudy. If it’s ‘trade up for a guy falling past where he SHOULD go,’ Okudah all day. If he gets to the 8/9 range, I’d be making calls with my serious voice.

Edited by broncosfan_101
  • Like 4

The price is too expensive. If Denver wants one of the 3 TOP WRs (Jeudy-Lamb-Ruggs) it will however have to be done unless ... a team outside Miami and SD wants Hebert or Tua and pays a lot to be in the TOP 3 and shake the Draft.

For me i prefer Ruggs-Lamb-Jeudy in this order.

But i prefer to trade down few spot and ad another 2 nd round to have 3 picks before 60th . You can take a WR or 2 (Ruggs or Lamb and Higgins) and OT(Wanago) or 2 OT(Cushenberry and Wanago) and a WR (Ruggs)

Edited by French Fan

Probably one of the top 3 WRs, so I'll say Jeudy as I think he's the best in the class.

I think there's a lot of obvious smoke around Denver trading up in R1 for a WR, but I think trading up in R2, or looking for another pick in R2 is the most likely scenario. Elway has done that a lot in his tenure.

• Like 1

Tua, if he falls.  Not suggesting it, but in my mind, the Draft is a lottery.  It’s all about how many tickets you have.  ONLY exception is going after a top tier QB.  They are rare, and you have to take your shot.  So only reason to ever trade up in the first round is for a potential franchise QB.  Burrow is that, but will go #1.  Love Drew, but Tua is a better prospect. I’m always ok with a team doing WHATEVER they have to do to go get the QB they think is the guy.  IF fell to a range where you could realistically go get him (8 or lower), and Elway wanted him, I’d have no problem.

otherwise, let the draft come to you and BPA in round 1.  

I do not see it with Murray. Athletic and mean but the mental side of the game is a mess. Missed tons of tackles. Struggled immensely in coverage. Dog chasing cars at this point who will need to learn the position.

If I want a raw athlete to mold, give me the better athlete in Willie Gay on Day 2. I’d feel more comfortable with any of the Day 2 LBs than blowing capital on Murray.

Edited by BroncoBruin

16 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I do not see it with Murray. Athletic and mean but the mental side of the game is a mess. Struggled immensely in coverage. Dog chasing cars at this point who will need to learn the position.

I mean he wasn’t asked to do it (cover) much. It’s an area of growth but he showed that he has the skills to do so. From the mental side of the game, I think that’s one of his best traits. His instincts are top notch. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I mean he wasn’t asked to do it (cover) much. It’s an area of growth but he showed that he has the skills to do so. From the mental side of the game, I think that’s one of his best traits. His instincts are top notch. 

I haven’t seen coverage chops at all, just athleticism that doesn’t necessarily translate.  He looks like a pure downhill “see it, hit it” human missile who hasn’t really played the linebacker position. I don’t think he has the instincts, and it’s debatable whether those can be coached. I would maybe consider him at 46 but I’d probably take a few LBs there before Murray. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

The poor angles + understanding of spacing and consistent missed tackles are not going to be appreciated by Fangio either. I thought I liked Murray more during the season because he pops off the screen when he sees a target and can close on it but the rest of his game is kind of a mess. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

15 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

His man coverage is a bit work in progress, but I’m impressed with his zone. And yeah, his read-and-react is elite. He’s not the prototypical stack-and-shed ILB, but if the DL can keep him relatively clean, he’s gonna make so many plays.