Baseball is back? 60 game season incoming

DirtyDez

4 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

If you are a sports fan and support ownership over players sorry. That's cucked. You're a cuck, a huge cuck. The biggest possible one.

this pretty easily qualifies for violating forum rules. 

But not a cuck, and i dont support owners over players, i just realize both are at fault. 

2 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

again, both sides handles this extremely poorly. 

Can you post a deal you think both should have accepted. It doesn't have to be one offered, it can be one you just think is fair for both sides.

4 hours ago, mse326 said:

Can you post a deal you think both should have accepted. It doesn't have to be one offered, it can be one you just think is fair for both sides.

play a # of games that wouldve of ended by sept 27, whatever # that is. And then possibly a 25-30% pay from prorated pay and have it a portion of it... say 15-20% differed for a few years and have it paid out over a few years as well.

Thats just off the top of my head, but the biggest problem is neither side ever presented something that had a shot to be accepted, and instead of talking to come up with a happy medium they just ignored whatever concerns there were. 

8 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

play a # of games that wouldve of ended by sept 27, whatever # that is. And then possibly a 25-30% pay from prorated pay and have it a portion of it... say 15-20% differed for a few years and have it paid out over a few years as well.

Thats just off the top of my head, but the biggest problem is neither side ever presented something that had a shot to be accepted, and instead of talking to come up with a happy medium they just ignored whatever concerns there were. 

MLB offered a 76 games season. The players countered at 89. If you really don't think the players would have accepted the 76 if it was pro rated you insane. Games was never really the issue.

Why should the players have to give up MORE money than they already did when they agreed to pro rated. I simply don't understand how you can think that is fair. 

Just now, mse326 said:

MLB offered a 76 games season. The players countered at 89. If you really don't think the players would have accepted the 76 if it was pro rated you insane. Games was never really the issue.

Why should the players have to give up MORE money than they already did when they agreed to pro rated. I simply don't understand how you can think that is fair. 

dude, we've already hashed and rehashed this. In fact, you didnt even bother responding to the last post from our previous exchange, im guessing cause you knew it was right. And the was nothing groundbreaking in there, just that you nor I know anything, and to pretend we do is not smart. 

And you know what, sometimes life isnt fair. But there was a smart way to approach this and they went in another direction. Ive already said all these things, but taking a little less now would have benefited them in the future, or at least not hurt them. But no, they took the shortsighted approach. We're obviously going to disagree on this which is fine... however last question, do you really think this is a one year issue (meaning rona and now the negotiations that have come from it) or will it have a multiyear affect?

8 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

dude, we've already hashed and rehashed this. In fact, you didnt even bother responding to the last post from our previous exchange, im guessing cause you knew it was right. And the was nothing groundbreaking in there, just that you nor I know anything, and to pretend we do is not smart. 

And you know what, sometimes life isnt fair. But there was a smart way to approach this and they went in another direction. Ive already said all these things, but taking a little less now would have benefited them in the future, or at least not hurt them. But no, they took the shortsighted approach. We're obviously going to disagree on this which is fine... however last question, do you really think this is a one year issue (meaning rona and now the negotiations that have come from it) or will it have a multiyear affect?

Life's not fair? That is your response. They should agree to something unfair because... life is unfair? Life being unfair means you don't always get what is fair. It doesn't mean you agree to something that isn't fair. And how would not getting money not hurt them? How do you think that money would be made up?

It is never smart for labor to simply bend over for ownership. Never. Particularly when it implicitly credits the owners absurd monetary claims. You talk about short sighted. If you credit that here, then in every following negotiation even for a general CBA you've set that precedent that it is accurate. Excepting anything less the prorated salary is bending over and hardly smart nor long sighted.

The owners using a pandemic to screw the players? Yes that will have a lasting effect.

Which post didn't I answer?

I know that the owners are full of it when they say they don't make any money generally. I know they are full of it when the say that playing games will cost them money. Everyone with critical thinking skills and common sense knows those two things. What more do I need to know.

4 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Life's not fair? That is your response. They should agree to something unfair because... life is unfair? Life being unfair means you don't always get what is fair. It doesn't mean you agree to something that isn't fair. And how would not getting money not hurt them? How do you think that money would be made up?

It is never smart for labor to simply bend over for ownership. Never. Particularly when it implicitly credits the owners absurd monetary claims. You talk about short sighted. If you credit that here, then in every following negotiation even for a general CBA you've set that precedent that it is accurate. Excepting anything less the prorated salary is bending over and hardly smart nor long sighted.

The owners using a pandemic to screw the players? Yes that will have a lasting effect.

Which post didn't I answer?

I know that the owners are full of it when they say they don't make any money generally. I know they are full of it when the say that playing games will cost them money. Everyone with critical thinking skills and common sense knows those two things. What more do I need to know.

I should just stop because youve shown you cant be objective. And for the record, no you dont know. Thats a fact. maybe even take a breath. 

Not everything is fair. in fact, not everything needs to be fair. many, many unfair things that happen every day, literally. SO lets jsut get past "unfair". the situation is what it is, again, instead of taking less now and having them benefit them down the road possibly, they decided to play hardball. Neither side listened to each other, it seems like theres a decent chance theres going to be no season and the financial result of that could last a decade, if not more. But even if there is a year, the fallout from this is likely to last years. PLayers had a chance to mitigate some of it and choose not to. 

41 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

I should just stop because youve shown you cant be objective. And for the record, no you dont know. Thats a fact. maybe even take a breath. 

Not everything is fair. in fact, not everything needs to be fair. many, many unfair things that happen every day, literally. SO lets jsut get past "unfair". the situation is what it is, again, instead of taking less now and having them benefit them down the road possibly, they decided to play hardball. Neither side listened to each other, it seems like theres a decent chance theres going to be no season and the financial result of that could last a decade, if not more. But even if there is a year, the fallout from this is likely to last years. PLayers had a chance to mitigate some of it and choose not to. 

Let me ask you an honest question. If they started their negotiation by demanding full salary (as they are entitled to do) and during negotiations moved down to pro rated would you still be saying this?

16 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Let me ask you an honest question. If they started their negotiation by demanding full salary (as they are entitled to do) and during negotiations moved down to pro rated would you still be saying this?

thats imppssible to answer, but its entirely dependent on what the other side is asking for. which where both sides have failed miserably as they havent listened to eachother.

5 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

thats imppssible to answer, but its entirely dependent on what the other side is asking for. which where both sides have failed miserably as they havent listened to eachother.

The owners are asking for the same thing they are now, but the players started by demanding full salary and during negotiations dropped their demand down to pro rated. Would you still blame the players for not trying to meet in the middle?