Baseball is back? 60 game season incoming

DirtyDez

10 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yes, that is true, but I have not seen anything reported locally that makes it seem that they are wanting to sell the team.  I've seen it rumored that MLB might force them, or they might have to do it because of inheritance taxes, but if their mother remains the majority shareholder, either one of them (or her) can run the team as the ownership representative.  

There's been rumors of it for a while. Beyond the Box Score did a wrapup of the last few years:

https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2019/7/3/20559733/baltimore-orioles-peter-angelos-ownership-masn-mlb-derek-jeter-marlins-athletics-stadium

Just now, Slateman said:

It's now being reported that there are at least 8 owners who dont want to play a season.

Remember last week when I was ridiculed and called ignorant/despicable for saying that owners didn't care about baseball/promoting the game? Good times.

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Remember last week when I was ridiculed and called ignorant/despicable for saying that owners didn't care about baseball/promoting the game? Good times.

If that was on here, I'm guessing it was only our resident billionairephile that called you ignorant.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

It's now being reported that there are at least 8 owners who dont want to play a season.

I want names. 

That way we can start the internet and fan harassment campaign to get all 8 of those jackasses to sell their team, take their money, and never come back.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Slateman said:

Angels, Athletics, Marlins, Orioles, Royals, and Pirates

I think the Tigers have to get a mention here. Have basically cut the payroll in half over the last five years. Would not surprise me in the least if ownership didn’t want to pay out the $55 million to Miggy and Zimmerman.