Baseball is back? 60 game season incoming

DirtyDez

20 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I could see the MLB asking for a reasonable waiver of claims to damage as a result of a COVID infection that came as a result of playing or traveling to play or anything related to job performance. I get that. 

But "any legal claim against the league" is absurd. May as well ask for a blank check.

Yeah, we all know the first, reasonable scenario is not the one being mentioned.  

12 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Trevor Bauer going off (read the whole thread):

WHile hes somewhat right, bringing up that he isnt sure if there will be baseball now is childish and stupid. People are allowed to change their opinion as they get new info. Hes right that the owners will propose the season they wanted all along but they can easily fluff up the dates. Add an extra day off in season, say it take 4 weeks for spring training, etc, etc. plus, if this really gets litigated, theres no baseball anyway this year. MLBs only going to "lose" this if the players lose as well... meaning no season.

18 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Who can reasonably still hold the players at fault at this point lmao.

They said "set the games, lets play" and the owners and commissioner said no.

oh, so they wetent going to file a grievance? youre clise to just outright lying, certianly at best youre misleading. why?

“Owners deserve more for taking all the risk”

*risk shows up 

“well you can’t expect the owners to take such a big financial hit”

as someone who generally can see both sides of the coin on these types of issues, the owners and Manfred can go to hell. 

6 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

and then sold to a group that was so overleveraged their only legitimate move was to sell off the team for parts, let a friggen MVP walk out of the door, in the hopes of building a super cheap roster of pre-arbitration players 

Jeter's group should have never been awarded the team

Better than loria but jfc that is not a standard to be judged by

9 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I could see the MLB asking for a reasonable waiver of claims to damage as a result of a COVID infection that came as a result of playing or traveling to play or anything related to job performance. I get that. 

But "any legal claim against the league" is absurd. May as well ask for a blank check.

absurd isn't a strong enough word

unfortunately that word doesn't exist in the English language 

Baseball was already dying a slow, horrible death

its a travesty 

• Like 1

Owners: We are taking a HUGE loss/not making much money every single year

Players: Open your books and show us/prove it

Owners: No, we won't do that, just trust us.

Manfred: I'm a complete joke

Players: We won't be embarrassed again after 2016

Fans: This isn't a negotiation year, we're in the middle of a worldwide pandemic, and...

Players: WE WON'T BE EMBARRASSED AGAIN AFTER 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both Players and Owners: We don't care that unemployment in this country is at 40 million people and this isn't a negotiation year, but rather a pandemic exception. The WNBA and MLS have both figured out their seasons, as have other European and Asian leagues all over the world, but we're going to take a giant dump all over baseball.