Baseball is back? 60 game season incoming

DirtyDez

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I want names. 

That way we can start the internet and fan harassment campaign to get all 8 of those jackasses to sell their team, take their money, and never come back.

• Like 1

lololol

EDIT: So the total for 60 games pro-rated is ~$1.5B. In exchange for the extra $150MM or so versus the 54 game floor that the owners would have to actively try to cancel, the owners want expanded playoffs for at least 2 years that will net them way more than $150MM AND the grievance dropped.

The only reason to accept this offer is because it's the best they'd get, not because it's actually good.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

25 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

lololol

EDIT: So the total for 60 games pro-rated is ~$1.5B. In exchange for the extra $150MM or so versus the 54 game floor that the owners would have to actively try to cancel, the owners want expanded playoffs for at least 2 years that will net them way more than $150MM AND the grievance dropped.

The only reason to accept this offer is because it's the best they'd get, not because it's actually good.

Players then counter at 72 games, full prorated pay, and expanded playoffs for 2 years.  Let's get this done.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

Players then counter at 72 games, full prorated pay, and expanded playoffs for 2 years.  Let's get this done.  

Yep and this settles at like 65 or 66 games. 

Manfred released a statement:

EavQeiIXsAACZrm?format=jpg&name=large

Normally, I would say releasing a press release about a "basic framework" would mean that it's basically 100% that a deal will get done, but Rob Manfred is a ****** canoe who doesn't know what '100%' means.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

lololol

have you considered that these poor owners are losing tons of money though, and are just operating these baseball teams out of the kindness of their hearts???

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yep and this settles at like 65 or 66 games. 

Manfred released a statement:

EavQeiIXsAACZrm?format=jpg&name=large

Normally, I would say releasing a press release about a "basic framework" would mean that it's basically 100% that a deal will get done, but Rob Manfred is a ****** canoe who doesn't know what '100%' means.

Pisses me off the owners look to come away winning here but that's what happens when you're leveraging what you have and just wanna play and get it over with.

Players need to start seriously looking into ways to expand player equity otherwise this'll just keep happening.

4 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Pisses me off the owners look to come away winning here but that's what happens when you're leveraging what you have and just wanna play and get it over with.

Players need to start seriously looking into ways to expand player equity otherwise this'll just keep happening.

baseball doesn't market their players on purpose. They believe everyone is expendable and disposable 

players don't have many options when the owners don't care about the game

The proposal a few pages back about how the players wanted to add special events/tournaments to the season as a showcase of some kind sounded great. baseball needs some spicing up

I didn't bother with this wacky playoff format before. Are they doing 3 game series in the first round? Otherwise baseball playoffs will just be like NBA and take too damn long

found this gem also

1 hour ago, N4L said:

baseball doesn't market their players on purpose. They believe everyone is expendable and disposable 

players don't have many options when the owners don't care about the game

The proposal a few pages back about how the players wanted to add special events/tournaments to the season as a showcase of some kind sounded great. baseball needs some spicing up

I didn't bother with this wacky playoff format before. Are they doing 3 game series in the first round? Otherwise baseball playoffs will just be like NBA and take too damn long

found this gem also

For this year fine whatever they'd do it anyway to try and get some ticket revenue. 

If next year is a full 162 though? that's insane, the entire point of 162 is that you play enough games where you don't need 16 teams in the playoffs.