Baseball is back? 60 game season incoming

DirtyDez

Just now, MWil23 said:

I've never been as down on MLB as I am right now to be honest. Even if it was just lip service only, at least pretending to take fans into consideration at all whatsoever would have been nice.

I lost the illusion that they give two craps about me or my family enjoying a game a long time ago.  I'll stick to the minor leagues for my game day experience, they actually care.

Just now, THE DUKE said:

I lost the illusion that they give two craps about me or my family enjoying a game a long time ago.  I'll stick to the minor leagues for my game day experience, they actually care.

$5 lawn seats for Dayton Dragons games are absolutely awesome, and my kids love going. I wholeheartedly agree.

Jeff Passan -   The Major League Baseball Players Association has agreed to report to training camps by July 1 and play a 60-game season, sources tell ESPN, but deal is not finalized yet. One last health-and-safety hurdle to get over and Major League Baseball will be back a week from tomorrow.

10 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I am 100% expecting retribution by the owners. They know the CBA is going to be a bloodbath regardless.

The amount of collusion this offseason is going to be off the charts tbh.

wait, are you already complaining that theres not going te be money in fa? i mentioned this like 6 weeks ago as a reason the players should want to work out a deal... how can someone be so shortsided?

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

wait, are you already complaining that theres not going te be money in fa? i mentioned this like 6 weeks ago as a reason the players should want to work out a deal... how can someone be so shortsided?

Working out a deal or not would not have effected free agency. Not having fans in the stands next season is going to discourage teams from adding payroll.

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

Working out a deal or not would not have effected free agency. Not having fans in the stands next season is going to discourage teams from adding payroll.

who says we wont have fans in the stands next year?

and its a simple difference of opinion since I dont have facts to back it up, but I suspect this bleep show that has happened between owners and the pa has turned a certain # of people off baseball. Alternatively, they could have had a quick, simple negotiations, with the only announcement being what date theyre going to start paying games. People would have loved that. One scenario costs them money, one likely adds to revenue. 

9 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

who says we wont have fans in the stands next year?

and its a simple difference of opinion since I dont have facts to back it up, but I suspect this bleep show that has happened between owners and the pa has turned a certain # of people off baseball. Alternatively, they could have had a quick, simple negotiations, with the only announcement being what date theyre going to start paying games. People would have loved that. One scenario costs them money, one likely adds to revenue. 

If you can't have them now because of C-19, not sure how that changes 10 months from now. Coronavirus ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

USA Today's Bob Nightengale clarifies that only players who themselves are considered "high risk" can elect to sit out the 2020 season and still receive their full pro-rated pay. Nightengale had reported on Tuesday night that players who "cohabitate" with a high-risk individual, including a pregnant spouse, would be allowed to abstain from participation in the 60-game campaign and still get full pay. Mike Trout, Gerrit Cole, and Bryce Harper are all expecting children with their significant others this summer, and there are surely more on that list.

This is gonna be interesting to see what these guys do...

Edited by kgarrett12486

57 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

USA Today's Bob Nightengale clarifies that only players who themselves are considered "high risk" can elect to sit out the 2020 season and still receive their full pro-rated pay. Nightengale had reported on Tuesday night that players who "cohabitate" with a high-risk individual, including a pregnant spouse, would be allowed to abstain from participation in the 60-game campaign and still get full pay. Mike Trout, Gerrit Cole, and Bryce Harper are all expecting children with their significant others this summer, and there are surely more on that list.

This is gonna be interesting to see what these guys do...

Mike Trout's best chance yet to do a playoff run too. 

• Like 2