NFL to do "mock draft" with all 32 teams

ScoDucks823

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-planning-to-run-a-full-32-team-mock-draft-in-advance-of-remote-2020-nfl-draft-per-report/

curious what peoples' thoughts are on this. I haven't been able to find a lot of details on this, but given the strange circumstances it's definitely an interesting move. this article describes it as a "dry run" to work out the kinks of working remotely, and (i assume) an opportunity to test out the security measures they are putting in place given the hacking that zoom has been experiencing.

i'd assume that most teams will not be taking the individual selections as seriously in an effort to create diversions/ throw other teams off the scent of who they are eyeing, but would love to hear some other thoughts on how this will be going down

Lmao this is a bad idea, no team in their right mind is going to select the player they actually want except Bengals with Burrow and Redskins with Chase. 

And you may even see Dolphins select Herbert and Chargers select Jordan Love because they both probably love Tua. And Tua falls to the Patriots at Pick 23 or something lmao. When in reality he’s a Top 6 lock. 

I won’t be watching this because it will be super fake and non-stop bluffs.

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Lmao this is a bad idea, no team in their right mind is going to select the player they actually want except Bengals with Burrow and Redskins with Chase. 

And you may even see Dolphins select Herbert and Chargers select Jordan Love because they both probably love Tua. And Tua falls to the Patriots at Pick 23 or something lmao. When in reality he’s a Top 6 lock. 

I won’t be watching this because it will be super fake and non-stop bluffs.

Yeah that's my expectation, i think the news cycle afterwards will be super entertaining with all the over reactions though

• Like 1

Just now, ScoDucks823 said:

Yeah that's my expectation, i think the news cycle afterwards will be super entertaining with all the over reactions though

Yeah and I’m gonna get super annoyed with people “Did you see what happened in the mock?? We might get Tua or Okudah at 12!!!”

Me: “Bro....”

• Like 1

The NFL isn’t self aware enough to have fun with this but you could bring in comedians (key and peele etc) to act out made up players, give the announcers time to practice too and improv stuff about the fake players.  Could be really entertaining, so won’t happen 

I can't imagine that it will be televised or that they'll use real names. The standard version is so well practiced it's like plug and play. This one needs a rehearsal to work out the kinks so there's nothing embarrassing to the league or the individual teams. If they don't practice there might be 30 teams fully prepared and 2 with no clue what they are doing.

• Like 1