Brandin Cooks traded to Texans

BEASToftheEAST4

Hey Remember when people on this forum said Cooks and Gurley were on our roster in 2020 no matter what and I said "Idk I trust Snead to work things out". And they said..."What dont you get? I'm tired of seeing people talk about trading Cooks and Gurley?"

Well they're right. We didn't trade Gurley. We cut him. And we traded Cooks. But welcome to reality. They're gone :D

• Like 3

Just now, BStanRamFan said:

Hey Remember when people on this forum said Cooks and Gurley were on our roster in 2020 no matter what and I said "Idk I trust Snead to work things out". And they said..."What dont you get? I'm tired of seeing people talk about trading Cooks and Gurley?"

Well they're right. We didn't trade Gurley. We cut him. And we traded Cooks. But welcome to reality. They're gone :D

I was wrong. I didn't think they'd eat all that cap this year. But they clearly want to eat it now instead of in future years.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I was wrong. I didn't think they'd eat all that cap this year. But they clearly want to eat it now instead of in future years.

Need to extend JJIII, Kupp, and Ramsey.

Goodbye to a concussion case and a RB with one knee. We will be better based off these moves. I swear by it. Two 2nd round picks will get us two new starters that will make an impact. 

• Like 2

Clears up one of my problems with this offseason. One of these pass catchers had to go. Too many mouths to feed and we can spread that money around better. Appreciate what cooks has done and hes definitely worth the money. Only problem with him is his concussions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Both of those guys can play outside just as well (possibly even better) than Kupp can. Pegging those guys as Slot guys is an old way of thinking. 

Yeah, let's rephrase this. Maybe use the word potential. Saying a couple college WRs can play outside just as well or even better than our 1000+ yard 10+ TD WR makes me feel some type of way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

“Idk I trust Snead to work things out” 

I’ll admit that I was wrong that they wouldn’t get rid of those guys. 
But do you really think that Snead actually worked things out all that well here?

Our whole premise was that it was going to hurt us cap wise if we made these moves, potentially cripple us for this year. And that a team who was planning on competing for a Super Bowl (and opening a brand new stadium) wouldn’t be operating under those conditions. 

Seems like Snead got the go ahead for a pass on this season if he was going to clear up the cap going forward, and would actually save Kroenke the new cash flows, even if it completely butchers the cap this year

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, let's rephrase this. Maybe use the word potential. Saying a couple college WRs can play outside just as well or even better than our 1000+ yard 10+ TD WR makes me feel some type of way.

Ok yea, doesn’t read correctly. 

In no way was I talking same production, and definitely not talent level at this point.

Wahat I meant was that those two prospects skill sets translate plenty well to being an outside receiver. And they may actually be better suited to line up outside than Kupp would be (I.e. the combination of Kupp in the Slot + one of those rookies outside, to me would be better production than moving Kupp outside + putting a rookie in the slot)

• Like 1