Overwatch Mafia: Night 6, Thursday 9 PM EST

Danger

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

I think it's most likely that most (if not all) of the mafia members are from the people on woz and down. I find it most likely that they avoided that mess altogether than anything.

You think it's more likely that scum would risk sitting alone on a player than hide in a group of voters?

Just now, theuntouchable said:

I think it's most likely that most (if not all) of the mafia members are from the people on woz and down. I find it most likely that they avoided that mess altogether than anything.

You wound me. I thought we were friends. ;) xD

Just now, Matts4313 said:

No lie, thats a little OP in this game. You could easily encode messages when used in conjunction with the like button/flag players.

Check page 120. It is legit.

32 minutes ago, Woz said:

For Talon?

• mission27
  • Jlash / Mookie Monster (both cannot be that blatant, can they?)
  • CWood21
  • beezee

I'm neutral on domepatrol91 and jfinley88.

What was that blatant? The back and forth he and I had this morning?

8 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

To expand on this, what was your initial reaction to the people voting you and Bucs?

My initial reaction to the people voting for me was that they were either town thrown off by my slightly scummy play style or scum using that as an excuse to put down a vote without having to really defend it.  

I don't have as detailed a thought on the people voting for bucs.  IIRC, the explanations for people voting on him seemed to have a similar reasoning.  

In my experience, scum like to use comments like that early on to establish a vote.  It's easy for them to latch on to a comment they claim is sketchy early.  That way they don't have to contribute as much during the day.

bucs -4 (Woz,  Sanchez, tk3, touch

Ragnarok - 4 (mission, utley, beezee, , Cwood

Mission stands out here as I can't think of much he has done since the very early going.  The rest range from very slightly townie lean to moderate scum lean.  

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I actually believe Matts' theory that he baited the [spam] hit. If this is true, it kind of clears Mcmurray in my mind because he would not have fallen for what Matts was pulling. I mean Matts flat out lied about the Genji/Doomfist interaction to make his fake ability seem legitimate and it sounded very real (props to matts on that) but people who play the game and follow the lore knew it was odd. This is why I suspected you Matts, I thought you might be playing as hyper aggressive mafia and guessed the Shimada bros were left out of the game so nobody would CC you, and that you knew this because Danger was in [spam] and slipped up.

So my updated top 4

Dome

Jfin

Math

Tk3 (makes sense if Math is mafia, threw his vote on him because he knows it won't gain steam and will look civ if TK3 gets revealed via death or invest)

The idea that math and jfin have been in the [spam] together makes a lot of sense to me, and jfin's erratic posting doesn't sit well with me (although I have a feeling he is always like this so it doesn't mean much).

@Matts4313 why are you confident in beezee lynch? He's been fairly inactive and if we go the route of the inactive lynch I'd prefer TK3. Do you have other reasons?

Since he only talks about himself, he is a negative factor for town and will slip through the game unless we lynch him. Plus he is hyper sensitive about people voting for him, and makes a lot of excuses. All traits of mafia. Just read these post: 

2 hours ago, beezee said:

Yup, the logic of "he's busy outside of the game, probably mafia" is pretty fool proof.

2 hours ago, beezee said:

bz has also said from the beginning that he's busy on work travel and doesn't have much time to dedicate to the game outside of occasional read ups and voting.

but let's ignore bz.

let's just keep going with the story that he's trying to lay low despite replying to any and all posts about him.

Just now, Jlash said:
14 minutes ago, Woz said:

For Talon?

• mission27
  • Jlash / Mookie Monster (both cannot be that blatant, can they?)
  • CWood21
  • beezee

I'm neutral on domepatrol91 and jfinley88.

What was that blatant? The back and forth he and I had this morning?

Both of you have been very disengaged ... and then suddenly you two get chatty ... and then silent again.

Archived