Overwatch Mafia: Night 6, Thursday 9 PM EST

Danger

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

Didn’t know that. I thought you blocked it and they just didn’t get to use it. I didn’t know it would waste their move

I'll bite: why target kingseanjohn on a roleblock then?

@james.mcmurry13

if I'm wrong and it was merely coincidence that some targeted the mafias n2 hit, don't lynch woZ. I believe him. It threw me off when he asked about dome because I didn't recall him saying too much about him but it makes sense now. I don't know the likelihood of both roles existing, but it'd be dumb for either one of us to come out and lie like that. 

Just now, Woz said:

I'll bite: why target kingseanjohn on a roleblock then?

I couldn’t read him at all last game. I thought a roleblock could get him more active for good or for bad. If I had known it was an attempted block I wouldn’t have wasted it. Ice wall seemed to me like something that would stick around.

Stupid assumption if game mechanics on my end

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

@james.mcmurry13

if I'm wrong and it was merely coincidence that dome targeted the mafias n2 hit, don't lynch woZ. I believe him. It threw me off when he asked about dome because I didn't recall him saying too much about him but it makes sense now. I don't know the likelihood of both roles existing, but it'd be dumb for either one of us to come out and lie like that. 

4 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

The anger within it is what I was getting at.  You got into it with me but there wasn't much anger. All he did was respond with anger and try to flip it.

Honestly, in the past, he tends to get more snarky when he is town.  He tends to be more accommodating as scum.

However, he knows that I know that.  And being that no one else knows how he plays, he could be flipping it to try and play me.

Just now, theuntouchable said:

@james.mcmurry13

if I'm wrong and it was merely coincidence that some targeted the mafias n2 hit, don't lynch woZ. I believe him. It threw me off when he asked about dome because I didn't recall him saying too much about him but it makes sense now. I don't know the likelihood of both roles existing, but it'd be dumb for either one of us to come out and lie like that. 

Working through the possibilities here:

1. All three of us (theuntouchable, domepatrol91, and I) are Talon. Is there any scenario where we could have made ourselves MORE suspicious?
  2. Two of us (theuntouchable, domepatrol91) are Talon. I got played, but how would they know to make that crazy accusation unless domepatrol91 has a passive role as Talon that says when he's targeted? But then he'd have two abilities.
  3. Two of us (domepatrol91 and I) are Talon. Why would I back up theuntouchable's assertion? That would make no sense.
  4. Two of us (theuntouchable and I) are Talon. Okay, maybe, but it's based solely on domepatrol91 not targeting kingseanjohn ... which he has admitted to.
  5. One of us (me) is Talon. This is a combination of #3 and #4. Plus it would be suicidally dumb.
  6. One of us (theuntouchable) is Talon. A variant of #2. I know he targeted domepatrol91, but he wouldn't know I knew he targeted domepatrol91. How would that work?
  7. One of us (domepatrol91) is Talon.
  8. None of us are Talon. Possible, but then it requires a REALLY good explanation from domepatrol91 on why he targeted kingseanjohn with a roleblock right off the bat.

If someone has an example of how any of the scenarios 1-6 could work, please explain them to us all. #8 requires domepatrol91.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

4. Two of us (theuntouchable and I) are Talon. Okay, maybe, but it's based solely on domepatrol91 not targeting kingseanjohn ... which he has admitted to.

This only works if one of you had some sort of janky tracking ability that revealed the role of the person your target tracked. But that's a huuuuge stretch.

15 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Lol I understand how my bumbling can come off as scummy. It did most of last game too. But woz is about as pro town as we have. I was wrong when I called him out early game

This is coached. Malf, how dare you. 

@Danger - Did you assign cover roles? Do the mafia know which overwatch are not in the game? 

Just now, james.mcmurry13 said:

This only works if one of you had some sort of janky tracking ability that revealed the role of the person your target tracked. But that's a huuuuge stretch.

Which it doesn't. All it says is that my tracked person was targeted by someone else.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

@Danger - Did you assign cover roles? Do the mafia know which overwatch are not in the game? 

I was thinking that was a possibility.

Also, scum getting cover roles could be one of the punishments for mass claiming.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

There wouldn't be enough for one cover role per mafia, so they'd have to share (22 people in game, 25 playable characters in OW)

Archived